Hermes Spa Trips Questions about Other Creams, etc

My only concern about the Blackrock/Obenauf treatment, and probably something Docride could answer, is that these products have carnauba wax for leather protection/waterproofing, so I wonder if that would prevent the conditioning done by Hermes from penetrating the leather as well. I've been told by my SA not to treat the leather myself, just send to H for care, but I don't see why just conditioning the leather is discouraged. I can see why they don't want waterproofing or dyes applied as it could affect what happens when H treats the leather. I doubt they could reject a treated bag unless something drastic has been done to change the leather, probably just get a lecture about not using anything in the future.

I now have two bags at Hermes for care. One bag has been with them for over five months. I feel confident that I am doing everything to ensure that my investment remains in top condition and has a history of care.
Much like the maintenance log book on a Rolls Royce, Bentley or an airplane.

^True, never thought of it that way, but I do bring my car to the dealership for the very reason you stated--documentation of care. I just wish I lived closer to an H store so I would not feel like I was sending my bag into the wild blue yonder (better known as the mail/fedex/ups) just to get a spa treatment.

I live a few thousand miles from my H store, and one of my bags had to be sent to Paris.
I am happy to have them in the care of Hermes. The way the world of service is going?
I would not entrust my expensive Hermes items to anyone but Hermes!
I have my bags insured also; but I trust Hermes more than I trust making an insurance claim.

i pnly trust h on my bags and yes the¥ sometimes refuse bags especially when damage occured due to do it yourlef (like waterpoofing that results in dried out skin etc) they are even mre picky when it comes to exotics

You know GG you might try to call a local jewelry store. They might sell these rouge cloths and you could pick one up next time you are close to the store.

gracekelly what is this cloth for ? for the hardware of the bag or is this is used to polish the leather ? tia

These are jeweler's cloths for polishing gold and silver. They are perfect for the Hermes hardware. They remove the tarnish and shine them. The rouge is used first and can remove tarnish and light surface scratching. ( I used it on a belt buckle belonging to DH and he was pretty impressed. ) The second cloth shines it up.