Hermes Spa Trips Questions about Other Creams, etc

guccigal07

He is Risen
Jun 19, 2006
I recently used Docride's spa method on a vintage Kelly..and it did wonders...and she is WONDEFUL!

she helped me thru getting it done and is great! We love her.

But I have a question....

Have any of you personally had experience or heard anything...if you put Blackrocks, Obenaufs, and Meltonian on your bag...then sending it to SPA in teh USA...or even Paris....

and it being rejected because you used those products?

thanks!

I've successfully followed Docride's method on most of my H bags and then sent some to spa...no problems whatsoever...no questions asked.:smile:

I don't understand something, if you used these products and they turned out well, why did you have to then give to Hermes for conditioning? Why would they need it?:confused1:

I don't understand something, if you used these products and they turned out well, why did you have to then give to Hermes for conditioning? Why would they need it?:confused1:

I'm very comfortable tending to the skin but I prefer to have my "corner" work and hardware polishing done by Hermes.:smile:

I'm very comfortable tending to the skin but I prefer to have my "corner" work and hardware polishing done by Hermes.:smile:

So you had them touch up the corners with dye? Then can use the dyes over the products? Doesn't the leather end up looking a little different from the rest of the bag? What I mean by that is they aren't using the same polishing products on the corners that you used on the rest of the bag. What happens?

I find that using a jewelers rouge cloth does the trick on the hardware. Even takes out very light surface scratches. Works on gold and palladium.

So you had them touch up the corners with dye? Then can use the dyes over the products? Doesn't the leather end up looking a little different from the rest of the bag? What I mean by that is they aren't using the same polishing products on the corners that you used on the rest of the bag. What happens?

I find that using a jewelers rouge cloth does the trick on the hardware. Even takes out very light surface scratches. Works on gold and palladium.

Sincere thanks for the information on the polishing cloth...I look forward to trying it. With regard to corners, I've had some scuffing addressed on my Togo Whitebus (which gets lots of use), my Gulliver Birkin and Clemence Bolide. I truly don't know whether or not "dye" was used in these processes. All three bags had been previously treated by me with Blackrock's only...as I've used Obenauf's on Boxcalf, but not other skins. The overall impression of each bag is clean and very even. :yes:

Well, I guess as long as you don't make a matte leather glossy, or a glossy leather matte and take off the color or change the color, Hermes won't know what you did to the bag.

I asked the craftsman in New York at the Madison store about this treatment of Obanauffs. He was not aware of it. He told me that Hermes sees several bags a week with some treatment applied. He told me to never care for my Hermes bags myself. He said to send them to Hermes and they will treat them.
He sees many bags ruined because people put products on their bags.
Call Hermes Madison store and ask them to advise you on your particulate leather.

I would not try to treat my bags myself. I don't see the reward in doing so when I can just go to Madison and drop it off. If however, I lived far from an H boutique, and I only had one bag....hmm. I would probably still wait to have H do the work. I know Docride's methods are great, it's my hands that are the problem!! Everything I try to do ends up being a disaster. My H bags deserve H hands!