Hermes small leather goods how many of you get what you find rather than search for

Snap it up at a bargain if possible or seek and find exactly what you want

• Snap it up it's close enough

• Wait for the exact item you want

Results are only viewable after voting.

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
here is a question...
Do you most often pick from what you find or seek out what you truely want?

Now some of us I know will be looking for H goodies and when they find one in the style they want, leather and the color is good..then just snap it up...(generally regardless of one of these; the leather type,hardware or color)
Yet others will wait and seek ad search for just the exact combo color, leather, hardware etc...
So, which is it?

Oct 12, 2006
I only get what I truly want. I often have only a couple colors that I need to complete my rainbow, etc. so it makes it easier. I only want PH so I would never settle for GH and I generally prefer Chevre so I have turned down other leathers.

I usually find a style I want and then email my SA to see what colors and leathers she has in that style. If there is not anything at her store that I want, then she will try to find it for me at another boutique.

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
I only get what I truly want. I often have only a couple colors that I need to complete my rainbow, etc. so it makes it easier. I only want PH so I would never settle for GH and I generally prefer Chevre so I have turned down other leathers.

I usually find a style I want and then email my SA to see what colors and leathers she has in that style. If there is not anything at her store that I want, then she will try to find it for me at another boutique.
Same thing for me. I try not to repeat the colours that I already own, and hence can get very specific about what I want, to add on to my collection.

I will always go to my SA first, to let her try and get me what I want. And if all the local stores do not have the item I want, she will always try a global search for me. And in most cases, it took weeks for the other H stores to respond, and a couple more weeks for the item to be re-directed from Paris.

beaumonde

Escapist
O.G.
May 17, 2006
NYC
Great thread! I've been wondering the same thing. (Have item #1 for my rainbow... working on a 2nd item!)

rileygirl

Gettin jiggy w/it!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
running!
Great thread. It's driving me crazy waiting for the things that I want in the colors that I want. Still waiting for my little some things in Rose Shocking and Lagon.

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
In the beginning, I snapped up a couple of items since I was not so knowledgeable about the colors. Now, I search for what I truly want!

Kelly_Birkin

Bolduc Ribbon Girl
O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
USA
If given a choice, I'd rather wait for something I wanted.
I mean if it's something small maybe you can go with a 2nd
choice, but I would try to wait. :smile:

bagluv

Always A Princess
O.G.
Mar 15, 2006
For Small Leather Goods, I Stick With What I Want (I Don't Mind Waiting). I Know I Mentioned This Before ~ I Don't Really Do A Rainbow. Everything Is Rose Shocking &/Or Fuchsia....Along With Black.....I Have Bought A Few Other Things In Others Colors ~ But, They Were 2nd Choice. I Loved Them On Sight.....Also, I Have Quite A Few Leather Charms For The Outside Of My Bags. I Do Know What I Love & But, Those Don't Have To Stick To My Fuchsia & Black;)

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Thank you for sharing :o) I have snapped and grabbed what I found which was close enough or so I thought ...only to find that what I really wanted is still in my mind everytime I look at some of the snapped up items.. I got them used often just to try out...see if the style was right for me...then let it go and find it in the color and leather and hardware I truely want... I know sounds crazy... But everything is so nicely done at Hermes it's hard to resist!

Roxane

Horange!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
^^^ I do that too, docride. That's why I have multiples of most H small leather goods.

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
I'm with you, docride and Roxane. I find that there's so many colors and styles I love, that I really don't have a narrow "find" list.

I'm usually massively content with one out of a half dozen choices. I've actually resorted to closing my eyes and pointing to pick out one from several I was equally happy with.