Hermes Silks in your 20s

Oct 6, 2009
Hi everyone!

I own quite a bit of H (bags, shawls, scarves, bracelets etc) and am itching to get a new scarf for the fall....however, I never seem to wear mine despite loving them in store! Do you think its an age thing? I am in my 20s and never see any other young women around me wearing scarves...

does anyone have any inspiration on how to wear H silks and still look age appropriate? thank you

Could the weather be a factor as well? I don't get to wear mine as much because of the weather.

It also depends on your lifestyle, are you in college?

If you like to dress casually you can always wear them on your head, or find creative ways to wear them as clothing. You can find many ideas in the knotting cards. If you don't have any of these check their iphone app.

Same here! As much as I love all the H scarves I see in the store... I end up only buying twillies as I won't get much use of scarves. Weather is the main factor. Secondly, it's how i dress up. Just can't see how a scarf can blend in with my attire. Maybe other ladies can chime in and give some suggestions. :flowers:

I'm in my 20's and is usually wear an H scarf most days. My usual attire consists of skinny jeans and a tank in solid colors, and a vibrant and colorful printed H silk knotted diagonally behind my neck. I usually avoid prints for clothing, so the scarf really brings brightens my look.

I had about 3 H scarves in my drawer for about a year, never worn... But after I downloaded the Hermès Silk Knots app I learned a bunch of cool innovative ways to tie them, and became obsessed with how versatile this little square of silk was. It is a very Parisian chic must-have. Now I am always looking to add to my collection!

I love H scarves. It has became my addiction since i bought my first one at the beginning of this year. Now i have 3 scarves and planning to buy another one next month or so.

I'm in my 20s and mostly i dress casually with neutral colour. I found H scarves just add some colour to my monotone closets. I wear them mostly if i don't feel like doll up and it just brightens the outfit.
Here is some photos of me that i posted in tpf a while ago.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409467826.775071.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409467986.408931.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409468008.737914.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409468024.452202.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409468042.702462.jpg

I started wearing H scarves in college but in my 20s I usually never wore them as normal scarves. I would:
- wear them as a shirt with jeans or shorts (have even gone clubbing like this)
- tie them through the belt loops of my pants or around a loose dress as a belt
- head scarf / bandana

It was only in my 30s that I started wearing them as actual scarves. H scarves are so versatile that you can make them fit any look!

I started wearing H scarves in my mid 20s (I'm nearing 30) and I find MaiTai's blog very helpful for outfit ideas, from casual to formal. I'm wearing one today as a necklace!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409473025.985138.jpg

Hi everyone!

I own quite a bit of H (bags, shawls, scarves, bracelets etc) and am itching to get a new scarf for the fall....however, I never seem to wear mine despite loving them in store! Do you think its an age thing? I am in my 20s and never see any other young women around me wearing scarves...

does anyone have any inspiration on how to wear H silks and still look age appropriate? thank you

No worries, it's not about age.... I have started buying H scarves in my 20's...I have accumulated a huge collection in time, but almost never find myself wearing any. I guess I love the scarf for itself... but not as anything I could wear on my body. I love wearing one on my bag , though. It's another way to use the scarf in my outfit.

Hi everyone!

Take a look at Mai Tai's blog and see if any of the knots she has appeals to you.

I have a reasonable collection of silks and have found I just don't enjoy them as much as my CSGMs. It is not so much an age issue but a style issue for me. While I love the patterns on the silks I just find they don't work with my outfits as much.

I love H scarves. It has became my addiction since i bought my first one at the beginning of this year. Now i have 3 scarves and planning to buy another one next month or so.

I'm in my 20s and mostly i dress casually with neutral colour. I found H scarves just add some colour to my monotone closets. I wear them mostly if i don't feel like doll up and it just brightens the outfit.
Here is some photos of me that i posted in tpf a while ago.

View attachment 2735911
View attachment 2735914View attachment 2735915View attachment 2735916View attachment 2735917

You have a great sense of style! Love your pics

I love H scarves! I started with 90s but now overtime have realized that the cashmere 140s and the 70s are better for me so I put myself on a 90cm ban from now on, but I still have the ones I can't part with!! :P