Hermes scarf or chanel earings

Dec 24, 2012
hi,
I would like to upgrade my wardrobe with some classic costume jewelry or accessories that last a long time. I am interested in either a chanel earring pair or my first Hermes scarf. Both will be worn and enjoyed. I'll probably get both eventually but can get only one now. Any recommendations? I'm 38 By the way! Thanks

hi,
I would like to upgrade my wardrobe with some classic costume jewelry or accessories that last a long time. I am interested in either a chanel earring pair or my first Hermes scarf. Both will be worn and enjoyed. I'll probably get both eventually but can get only one now. Any recommendations? I'm 38 By the way! Thanks

I probably would go for the earring .
Are you thinking a silk H classic scarf or the cashmere/silk combo?

I vote for a Hermes scarf .. but beware of the slippery slope of Hermes (as speaking from personal experience, my ONE scarf many, many moons back has surpassed double digits and … ) :yes::tup: Do not limit yourself to just a scarf - maybe a twilly/maxi twilly?

+1 for Hermès scarf but ... slippery slooope! Trust me. I started with ONE maxitwilly 1 year ago
So far I have 6 scarfs, 2 maxi twillies, 4 twillies, 1 Herbag, 1 Birkin, 1 bracelet, and am constantly thinking about what to buy next. There should be sings saying " buying can cause serious addictions" on every Hermès boutique.

oh I forgot 2 scarfs I purchased for my husband.... and one for my mother. See? It is a slippery slope. I guess they add something to their scarfs. Drugs or whatever.

I forgot the perfumes and the body lotions... well, I guess you see what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotty8
As much as I am a huge fan of Hermes. It really comes down to your personal style. I love Hermes scarfs but I would definitely get more wear out of my chanel earrings. I rarely go out of the house without my earrings and I wear my scarfs occasionally.

Reactions: verychic555
Both fantastic items to choose from (so fun!). I guess my question for you is: do you always dress a certain style, pretty consistently? Meaning, do you for example, most of the time dress in a classic polished way, or casual in jeans? For me personally, I know that I do not stick to one style and sometimes like to dress up classic (for no reason whatsoever), sometimes monochrome minimalist, sometimes more edgy, sometimes decked out with standout crazy pieces... I'm not consistent as I get bored easily and depending on what outfit and style I feel like that day I just sort of go for it (when we go out, my husband never knows what he's going to get :lol: )

The point is, while they're both great items, if you dressed mostly in a slightly/dressy classic way, the scarf might serve well as you would/could more likely reach for it very often. If you change your style often or lean toward casual/edgy often enough, the scarf might not be incorporated easily into your days and the earrings might be something you'd like to get first as you can use more often until you get the scarf later. HTH.