Hermès Scarf on Non-Hermès Bag ???

Oct 12, 2006
I need your honest feedback. I have a YSL Muse bag in chocolate and would like to dress it up with a little Hermès pocket square or twilly. However, is it considered "A-OK" to mix brands like that? I checked with the YSL boutique in NYC and they have no small scarves at all so my only choice is to go with a different brand. And for me, Hermès is "It" when it comes to scarves.

Your thoughts ?

Oh an Hermes pochette would look lovely on your YSL, Kallie! Just beautiful! I think you should definately go for it.....I love mixing things up, too.......

And here's a trick I learned from Crochetbella's Ultimate DH....also check out Neiman's mens department....in the tie section they'll have pocket squares (same as pochettes) and sometimes they have a better selection than Hermes!!!!

:yes: Go for it! I do it all the time with my Coach and LV bags. They look great with pocket squares or twillys or scarves. And yes check out NM!! Much better selection. I like how they still have some of the older styles too. :flowers:

Wow, thanks, guys, for your help. I feel better about it now!! The Altanta Hermès store is the closest one to me and they were kind enough to email me pics of a gorgeous chocolate Bolide (TDF!) with a choice of several pocket squares tied on it. None of the ones they sent have "hit" me as perfect so far, so I will check with N-M, also. Thanks so much!

Orange and brown was exactly what I was looking for!! The Atlanta Hermès boutique sent me 4 pics of pocket squares but none are "it"... They also included the twilly that crochetbella posted and I'm thinking that that might be a good choice. I had not seen it tied... only on the site.... it looks a lot better tied than flat.

Thanks Serenity! I loooove the zebras. I think it was my first pocket square. :love: Here are a couple more that I think would look great Kallie...

Attachments

• th_DSCN0846.jpg
    th_DSCN0846.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 879
  • 383C2985-9F7A-7443-CD2B296696439088.jpg
    383C2985-9F7A-7443-CD2B296696439088.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 875