Hermès Scarf on Non-Hermès Bag ???

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I need your honest feedback. I have a YSL Muse bag in chocolate and would like to dress it up with a little Hermès pocket square or twilly. However, is it considered "A-OK" to mix brands like that? I checked with the YSL boutique in NYC and they have no small scarves at all so my only choice is to go with a different brand. And for me, Hermès is "It" when it comes to scarves.

Your thoughts ?

2. I see nothing wrong with it at all!!! GO FOR IT!

3. Oh an Hermes pochette would look lovely on your YSL, Kallie! Just beautiful! I think you should definately go for it.....I love mixing things up, too.......

4. And here's a trick I learned from Crochetbella's Ultimate DH....also check out Neiman's mens department....in the tie section they'll have pocket squares (same as pochettes) and sometimes they have a better selection than Hermes!!!!

5. I use one on my Edith just to add some color.

6. :yes: Go for it! I do it all the time with my Coach and LV bags. They look great with pocket squares or twillys or scarves. And yes check out NM!! Much better selection. I like how they still have some of the older styles too. :flowers:

7. Go for it!

8. I've done it with LV bags and it's really chic and cute!

9. Wow, thanks, guys, for your help. I feel better about it now!! The Altanta Hermès store is the closest one to me and they were kind enough to email me pics of a gorgeous chocolate Bolide (TDF!) with a choice of several pocket squares tied on it. None of the ones they sent have "hit" me as perfect so far, so I will check with N-M, also. Thanks so much!

10. Orange looks really good with brown. Here's a couple of mine.

81E1EEF9-D6FA-C90E-A8263F67D77A8F2B.jpg th_DSCN0806.jpg
  11. I agree, H! Orange and brown is definitely a yummy combo! I love your zebra pochette. I think that's the nicest colourway too with the blue and orange. I would love that in the full scarf!:love:

12. I think it would look great!! It is definitely OKAY by me to mix designers and I have used my Hermes scarves on LV , Prada and balenciaga bags!! I say go for it!!

13. Orange and brown was exactly what I was looking for!! The Atlanta Hermès boutique sent me 4 pics of pocket squares but none are "it"... They also included the twilly that crochetbella posted and I'm thinking that that might be a good choice. I had not seen it tied... only on the site.... it looks a lot better tied than flat.

14. Thanks Serenity! I loooove the zebras. I think it was my first pocket square. :love: Here are a couple more that I think would look great Kallie...

th_DSCN0846.jpg 383C2985-9F7A-7443-CD2B296696439088.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice