Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

I'm interested in what I believe to be a special edition of Eperon d'or done sometime in the mid-late 90's. Looking at the fabric tag and such, this period makes sense. I've found it on multiple auction sites stating only the decade and on Hermesology but never with an exact date or other info. Does anyone know what season this was issued?

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8347.jpeg
    IMG_8347.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello lovely group!

I have some lovely vintage scarves and would love to know the CW and their age (if possible).

So far, this is what I could find out:
1. Hommage a Charles Garnier by Caty Latham - 1986 (are they other issues?)
2. Les Voitures a Transformation by Francoise de la Perriere - 1965
3. Ex Libris by Grygkar
4. La Grande Armee by Francoise Heron - 1976

Any help and information is appreciated.

Thank you very much!

View attachment 5040971View attachment 5040973View attachment 5040975View attachment 5040976View attachment 5040977View attachment 5040978View attachment 5040979View attachment 5040980View attachment 5040981View attachment 5040983View attachment 5040984

1. Hommage a Charles Garnier is common name though Carrés d’art lists the official name per H as “Opera Charles Garnier” reissued 1991/1992
2. Les Voitures à Transformation reissued 1980, another timely reissue (uncertain date), 2008 (70cm), 2013, 2017
3. ExLibris has had several reissues with uncertain dates including 1998.
*FYI- this particular vintage & cw is often faked. Here’s a link to a third party authentication service if interested: https://www.vintage-hermes-scarf.com/services/
4. I don’t have a record of any reissues for this one.

Reactions: Lovelynadine
1. Hommage a Charles Garnier is common name though Carrés d’art lists the official name per H as “Opera Charles Garnier” reissued 1991/1992
2. Les Voitures à Transformation reissued 1980, another timely reissue (uncertain date), 2008 (70cm), 2013, 2017
*FYI- this particular vintage & cw is often faked. Here’s a link to a third party authentication service if interested: https://www.vintage-hermes-scarf.com/services/
On Garnier, there were lots of HS from the 1980s/1990s where there some four different titles (sometimes): copyrighted title, words on silk, words in booklet and words in Le Monde Article (if there was one)
At least here the words on the silk are HOMMAGE A ... and that is what is in the brochure, CARRES D ART notwithstanding

There are too many cws of GARNIER to have been done at the same time, they reprinted but there was no official news of that - there are lots of scarves for which there are like 20 cws, ie it was printed ad infinitum - without mentioning it to anyone. I hesitate to use the word reissue - that sort of implies a OFFICIAL redo , I prefer the term reprinting - less baggage attached, but that is me

Yes seek authentication sevices if needed - see link to Vintage Hermes above

Thank you very much!!

Reactions: turfnsurf
On Garnier, there were lots of HS from the 1980s/1990s where there some four different titles (sometimes): copyrighted title, words on silk, words in booklet and words in Le Monde Article (if there was one)
At least here the words on the silk are HOMMAGE A ... and that is what is in the brochure, CARRES D ART notwithstanding

There are too many cws of GARNIER to have been done at the same time, they reprinted but there was no official news of that - there are lots of scarves for which there are like 20 cws, ie it was printed ad infinitum - without mentioning it to anyone. I hesitate to use the word reissue - that sort of implies a OFFICIAL redo , I prefer the term reprinting - less baggage attached, but that is me

Yes seek authentication sevices if needed - see link to Vintage Hermes above
Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!
ps just to be uber geeky ... I remembered yet other source(s) of conflicting titles - the laminated tags, and the web site(s) may have yet different variants eg AUX QUATRE COINS - tag versus QUATRE COINS - web site
My personal fav is tags that say SWEAT DREAMS not SWEET DREAMS LOL
And of course, mais oui, H seems to use at least two scarf databases for its web sites - one is mostly English, the other is French - so there are French and English variants to many - esp depending on LE/LA/DES/THE ...
Sorry to totally confuse all ... LOL
One strives for accuracy ... one wants to believe there is ONLY one title ..

Last edited:
Hi everyone, very new to this forum and Hermes, so apologies if this is obvious or belongs elsewhere. I saw this scarf among a line up in an Instagram post (couldn't see the full scarf) and was wondering if anyone could identify it. I believe it's newer (should be last 10 years or so).

Additionally, is there a repository of past Hermes scarf collections anywhere? Would love to just scroll through and learn more about the designs.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 11.46.32 PM.png