Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

YUP 1969, THERE WERE COIPYRIGHTS BACK THEN

Someone else said that would be the difference, she asked if there was a copyright printed on the scarf and I said yes...etc.

But I knew the signature was placed differently that subsequently (black on blue is hard to read so it took a while to find) and the name was obviously different on the original issue (again black on blue) but it can only be the 1969.

I should trust my instincts because I immediately thought late 1960s/early 1970s when I first saw the scarf. You never know because some of my mother's 1990s/early '00s H scarves look very 'traditional' too.

Anyway, I bought it now :winkiss: .

I'm incredibly curious about this scarf I bought from an estate sale. I've looked all over the internet for the artist and the year it was made but couldn't find anything. I heard there were some really dedicated Hermes fans here and I hope someone can help. Thank you so much in advance!

121464893_10223875618901202_5900254113570839881_n (1) - Copy.jpg

121486154_10223882284187830_6365394260321625332_n.jpg

121535195_10223875623301312_2817566231367089278_n.jpg

121383196_10223875639861726_8094232279223702074_n.jpg

121513750_10223882283427811_4445944847861422488_n.jpg

121535195_10223875623301312_2817566231367089278_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PamW
I'm incredibly curious about this scarf I bought from an estate sale. I've looked all over the internet for the artist and the year it was made but couldn't find anything. I heard there were some really dedicated Hermes fans here and I hope someone can help. Thank you so much in advance!

View attachment 4888901

View attachment 4888903

View attachment 4888904

View attachment 4888905

View attachment 4888906

View attachment 4888907

The scarf design is called “the Game” and it’s part of the 2018 spring/summer collection. It should be a men’a 100 scarf and its designer I think is Elias Kafouros.

Hello! I recently purchased this orange Brazil Maxi Twilly and am wondering from which season it is and what colorway it is. From my research I suspect it is part of the second issue of the Brazil MT (Spring 2026, perhaps?) but I cannot find any information on it! I love it because it is more muted than the first issue of orange/gris/ebene Brazil MT and I am surprised that it evidently was/is not very popular!

Is anyone able to kindly identify this maxi twilly?

Thank you in advance for your help, effort, and time!!! Xx

Attachments

• F9B8C16C-4308-48E9-B41A-95E7ABD5E9EE.jpeg
    F9B8C16C-4308-48E9-B41A-95E7ABD5E9EE.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 18
I have the first issue, bottom left you can see the signature LB, Laurence Bourthoumieux. I have never seen a re-edition. Hope it helps.
View attachment 4890456
Thank you, Croisette. My scarf has the same initials, amongst other identifying features (not shown in my photo, as I am unsure as to what is allowed to be posted here). I appreciate your familiarity with H scarves and I appreciate your response.

Is anyone else familiar with this orange/brown/pink color way? Thanks again.

Reactions: Croisette7
There were two issues of the BRAZIL Maxi, about 2.5 years apart - it was on the website early 2014 & more cws in 2016... one long printing (with new cws , it has happened ...) ?? two distinct ones ??? The site stated the MT was 220 x 20 cm. I never measured one to know if that is accurate or not (gavroches have been stated 16- 18 in on a side... well, which is it ???)

Anyway, there was only ever 1 orange one on the website - similar to Croisette scarf ... perhaps another orange one was printed but did not wind up on the site ? It has happened ...

The BRAZIL MT is problematic to identify since the web site photos had it folded up - and some stuff does not show AT ALL. This was a real issue with MTs - no one photographs the whole thing and the devil is in the details - the braid , beads etc MT fakes are surprisingly good.

To see what I mean, there are two types of braid on the scarf - see L & R on Chloe photos - the braid on the R is more geometric, the braid on the L is woven. Only the woven braid shows on Croisette photo ...

Last edited:
There were two issues of the BRAZIL Maxi, about 2.5 years apart - it was on the website early 2014 & more cws in 2016... one long printing (with new cws , it has happened ...) ?? two distinct ones ??? The site stated the MT was 220 x 20 cm. I never measured one to know if that is accurate or not (gavroches have been stated 16- 18 in on a side... well, which is it ???)

Anyway, there was only ever 1 orange one on the website - similar to Croisette scarf ... perhaps another orange one was printed but did not wind up on the site ? It has happened ...

The BRAZIL MT is problematic to identify since the web site photos had it folded up - and some stuff does not show AT ALL. This was a real issue with MTs - no one photographs the whole thing and the devil is in the details - the braid , beads etc MT fakes are surprisingly good.

To see what I mean, there are two types of braid on the scarf - see L & R on Chloe photos - the braid on the R is more geometric, the braid on the L is woven. Only the woven braid shows on Croisette photo ...

Marietouchet, thank you!!! You are incredibly knowledgeable and I appreciate your response.

Really, are some scarves offered in-store only? Ugh, now this scarf is in a very grey area!

Again, thank you for your detailed reply. Xx

Marietouchet, thank you!!! You are incredibly knowledgeable and I appreciate your response.

Really, are some scarves offered in-store only? Ugh, now this scarf is in a very grey area!

Again, thank you for your detailed reply. Xx
Offered in-store only ? More like only in certain markets

An example is easiest. Each store selects which it will have in store. And sometimes they run out of a popular one. Diff store = diff selection, diff CWs, diff designs. Two boutiques in the same city may have diff inventory. Some CWs are not popular in some countries diff skin tones. Green & orange & yellow are not NOT universally popular colors - diff skin tones in diff countries.

H has diff web sites for diff countries in diff languages - diff inventory at each. You will see people here say I found this on the China H site or the Denmark site/brick and mortar store.

So the online and brick and mortar stores only have a limited selection from the collection. Theoretically, if you search enough web sites , you might find all the CWs.

But, most people are like me, I check 2 or 3 sites, then I am done - I cannot read Chinese/Japanese so I ignore the Chinese site(s). I admit to having knowledge of MOST but not all of each collection.

At TPF, MOST of the cws are seen - NOT ALL.

Had an authentication issue about a rare CW of SIESTE - it was not on this site, the production was late - after orders had been placed and site(s) built. So, IMHO it was real but I pointed out to the prospective buyer that it was not on the CWS here - people would challenge it. Not only are there fakes that masquerade as real, but rare real ones that people will question, esp if you go to sell it.

I encourage people to take a h.com screenshot of theirs, for provenance

PS and looking at my photos ... it is hard to tell a red scarf from a deep orange one, so, if you say yours is Hermes box orange then you may get a diff answer here than if you said it was tomato or vermillion, photos are deceiving on exact shades of colors - your photo was a bit dark...
There was BRIGHT RED BRAZIL MT per H USA site, that I would personally call ORANGE - your is not it.
If I search mine for the keyword RED, I get a diff answer than ROUGE, CARMIN etc

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger