Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

Hi Etoile!:wave:Thank you!! :facepalm: Sometimes the most obvious answer escapes us when we are in :search: mode!! :ghi5: Off to google!!:broom: Thank you thank you!!:flowers:
(Sorry for the excess emojis, but I could not help myself!:P)

Hi Julide, :wave: Well, I feel quite strongly that all the adorable emojis are currently sorely underutilized! :crybaby: The amount you thoughtfully sprinkled throughout your reply seems like the ideal amount to me! ;) I hope your google search :broom: it fruitful, best wishes finding your PM mousseline! :flowers:

Does anyone know what all the scarves are in Robinson Chic? I know the four obvious ones listed in the scarf booklet ( all by Benoit Pierre Emery) but I am stuck on the florals and the abstracts. So far: Hermes Sellier, Equestre, Mosaique au 24, and hmmmm, can’t remember the fourth. Help please!

Hi Julide, :wave: Well, I feel quite strongly that all the adorable emojis are currently sorely underutilized! :crybaby: The amount you thoughtfully sprinkled throughout your reply seems like the ideal amount to me! ;) I hope your google search :broom: it fruitful, best wishes finding your PM mousseline! :flowers:
Etoile you are the best!!:heart:

Sorry for not responding earlier!:flowers:

Reactions: etoile de mer
Does anyone know what all the scarves are in Robinson Chic? I know the four obvious ones listed in the scarf booklet ( all by Benoit Pierre Emery) but I am stuck on the florals and the abstracts. So far: Hermes Sellier, Equestre, Mosaique au 24, and hmmmm, can’t remember the fourth. Help please!

The fourth is Ex Libris en Camouflage and the rest are tie patterns, I believe. (Benoit Pierre Emery does them too!)

Reactions: Kendall BC
Hi!!:wave:I don't need a scarf identified as much as I would like a suggestion on a scarf. I am looking for a PM mousse line but in a black and white colourway. Would anyone know any designs that may have been produced in black and white?

I hope this was posted in the right thread!!!:blush:

The only two I can think of off the top of my head is Dahlia (there is a photo of it on my website) and the classic L'Art Ecrirre. Good luck with that!

I have a question concerning Vladimir Rybalchenko's carre Cavalier d'Or

I see several references to the first issue being both 1951 and 1975.

Mine has a similar tag (100% Soie) to my first issue Plumes (1953) and it has a similar weight and softness. My late '60s scarves already have a different sort of label with the little symbols.

Can anyone can help with this. I'm guessing if anyone (like me) has to look it up he/she will see both dates. Usually I can rely on the catalogue PIWIGO but in this case I'm not so sure. Does anyone have a pre-1970s version?

As others have logically pointed out, it's from 1975. I have a page on it on my website and all MY info comes straight from writeups from Hermes. I don't take info from some random webite and assume it to be true like most people.

PIWIGO does good work but it was started by people who were not necessarily scarfnuts and the dates are not vetted. They just imput whatever is submitted so I would say that maybe 25% of the dates there are wrong.

The only two I can think of off the top of my head is Dahlia (there is a photo of it on my website) and the classic L'Art Ecrirre. Good luck with that!
@Julide - not to enable you or anything and I can't vouch for authenticity - but there is one on the bay right now.
I am drooling over it, but I has to water the money tree a whole lot first!

Reactions: Julide
PIWIGO does good work but it was started by people who were not necessarily scarfnuts and the dates are not vetted. They just imput whatever is submitted so I would say that maybe 25% of the dates there are wrong.

Actually, Piwigo WAS started by people who are “scarfnuts”.

Having known most of those ladies, and having personally donated quite a number of pictures myself (most photos and info were donated by the scarf owners), and considering all the time and effort it took to put that site together and additionally to maintain it - having certain site, site transfer, and maintenance issues over the years - and doing so purely as a resource for everyone who loves H Scarves, I think it might just be kinder to cut them a little slack for not having every date perfect and quietly email them corrections instead of calling their dates approximately 25% inaccurate. Right or wrong, that isn’t kind, especially when many if not most of those ladies are or have been members here.

Actually, Piwigo WAS started by people who are “scarfnuts”.

Having known most of those ladies, and having personally donated quite a number of pictures myself (most photos and info were donated by the scarf owners), and considering all the time and effort it took to put that site together and additionally to maintain it - having certain site, site transfer, and maintenance issues over the years - and doing so purely as a resource for everyone who loves H Scarves, I think it might just be kinder to cut them a little slack for not having every date perfect and quietly email them corrections instead of calling their dates approximately 25% inaccurate. Right or wrong, that isn’t kind, especially when many if not most of those ladies are or have been members here.

I am sorry if you thought I was unkind. I did say that they did good work. I knew B*** who started the yahoogroup. She started it because she just got her first H-scarf and wanted to learn more. That's all I meant by it. As for D*****, I remember when she got her first H bag (a Trim) and she seemed a bit more focussed on bags. JMO ultimately.

I am sorry if you thought I was unkind. I did say that they did good work. I knew B*** who started the yahoogroup. She started it because she just got her first H-scarf and wanted to learn more. That's all I meant by it. As for D*****, I remember when she got her first H bag (a Trim) and she seemed a bit more focussed on bags. JMO ultimately.

Quite honestly, thinking it over, I was unkind too, by posting publicly instead of just PMing you. [emoji254][emoji254][emoji254]

I have been on the Yahoo Groups since around 2000 and they are all still around and still collecting (though B is long gone [emoji51]). And, as I said, a bunch of them are on these boards, though only a few of us are regular participants here.

Anyway, I should have taken a breath (or two) before my response, but I know how much work has been put into that site so it’s hard not to be a bit protective of it. ‍♀️

... she seemed a bit more focussed [sic] on bags ... maybe because she already owned all the scarves!