Hermes Saddle stitch> how do they do that?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Saddle stitching ...photo's

As you can see what is neat about this stitch is that even if one stitch is pulled out or torn...why even if several stitches are gone or missing the rest of the stitching should hold firm without unraveling... Just another thing we love about Hermes right?;)

Attached Files:

krawford and yai like this.
  2. A few more...

Attached Files:

3. more

Attached Files:

4. :smile:

Attached Files:

dgphoto likes this.
  5. i know its like they continue enchanting me after all theese years so truly go hermes i mean all of it the secrets and the true sense of refinement behind it the love that goes in to this craft is just well i have no words they are so ............ well perfect !

6. Fascinating! Thanks docride.

7. This not an Hermes secret. Saddle stitching is a very basic stitch in harness and saddle making. It just requires pre punched holes, one piece of thread and two harness, or round needles.
    Each needle passes through the same hole, from opposite sides.

8. Absolutely correct...although a punch awl is used as well...this is just a short thread to show how repairs are done :o)

9. docride - Thank you for posting! :flowers:

The detailed photos are excellent!

10. I was speaking to a H craftsman the other week (in my very poor french!). He was describing how to stitch and mentioned something about having something between his legs or sitting a certain way as he stitched. Does that make sense to you? Can you explain what he meant?

11. DOCRIDE....... You never cease to amaze me! You are such a craftsman!:love:

12. Yes,that's called a Lacing Pony in English... I use one of these also here's my newest pretty pony;) Pardon the dirty with leather dye blue jeans:P

Attached Files:

dgphoto likes this.
  13. Thank you! It's hard when things are lost in translation!

14. doc-Your so sweet to post this!!

15. Doc- I really appreciate you posting this as I have always wondered what the "saddle
    stitch" is and how it is done. This is so fascinating and just makes me appreciate this
    exquisite brand so much more! Thank you!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice