Hermes SA and Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought of doing so too but there was an incident lately that made me think twice. Perhaps I am over sensitive.

I was in Hermes a couple of days ago wearing a pocket square. This pocket square is a limited edition for a newly refurbished store.

My SA says "Isn't it cute, I got one too."
I said "Wanna get one more for a friend but it is all sold out. "
SA: "One of my clients gave me, she bought 18, ha ha ha ha ha"

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I am feeling a bit torn about sending gifts. I thought about it and then I was reminded of how I was treated at times. Shouldn't SAs be sending US gifts for all that we put up with to get a bag? :P

Reactions: dtee98
I've thought of doing so too but there was an incident lately that made me think twice. Perhaps I am over sensitive.

I was in Hermes a couple of days ago wearing a pocket square. This pocket square is a limited edition for a newly refurbished store.

My SA says "Isn't it cute, I got one too."
I said "Wanna get one more for a friend but it is all sold out. "
SA: "One of my clients gave me, she bought 18, ha ha ha ha ha"

:huh: :huh: :huh:

WOW, P......I would find it weird to gift my SA something from Hermes...LOL!!

How much is a pocket square? In my store, there is a strict $100 limit on gifts and it just makes the SAs uncomfortable if you go overboard.

:wtf: there's actually a limit on how much SA's can be given? Which makes me think that there are lots of customers who are giving a lot more which makes them come up with this policy. IMO.

I usually pop by the store, buy a scarf (another scarf!) and look around and not ask for anything else. I'll get them a nice big box of chocolates that they can have with coffee.

I am feeling a bit torn about sending gifts. I thought about it and then I was reminded of how I was treated at times. Shouldn't SAs be sending US gifts for all that we put up with to get a bag? :P

Kou, if you feel you have not received good service from the SA or store throughout the year, you should not send anything. I believe holiday gifts or tips to anyone in the service industry is to thank them for good service and a job well done throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.