Hermes Simone and Sacabar bags- Love or pass?

Kitty S.

Bags & Sciences
O.G.
Dec 21, 2012
For the first time, I was offered a runway bag called Simone by my SA. I must admit that I hadn't been paying much attention previously, and didn't realize that H makes bags purely for runway shows (so pardon my ignorance). I was caught off guard and had to come home researching the bag. Apparently the Simone bag was a 2019 runway bag- https://www.purseblog.com/hermes/see-every-bag-from-the-hermes-fall-2019-runway-show/
1611875180414.png
What do you think of the bag? I think I also spotted another runway in the case. Don't know what it is called.
1611875268438.png
Is it a norm for runway bags to show up in a store? Do runway bags eventually become regular collections?

I actually LOVE :heart: the Simone.
when I first saw a picture of it I went and asked my SA if they were getting it in store because i was keen to see it in the flesh.
he told me its not the most user friendly bag and its over my budget but i still would love one day to own it-its based on a french schoolgirls book carrier (dont think I've worded that correctly ..but apparently french schoolgirls would carry their books by some sort of leather belt that straps around them)
I cant answer your other questions but I do really love runway items they are a little bit more 'special' and unusual I daresay if there is enough interest in a particular runway bag it would eventually make it into the main collection.

Last edited:
The Simone bag is in the stores and pops up in the website. The second pic is the Sacabar, also selling in the website right now.

I don’t think they do new models of bags thinking exclusively on the runway, rather, they use the runway to showcase new models. Sometimes a bag shown in the runway would not go into production. Naturally, some time can pass between the bag appearing in the runway and it hitting the stores.

Last edited:
Exactly what @doni said. These aren’t really “runway” bags but often rather just our first chance to see new or seasonal items. No different than the shoes that the models walk in for the shows being the new seasonal shoe/sandal. For example, I believe the first time we really saw the mini Lindy was during a runway show and I doubt anyone would call that a “runway bag”.

Regardless, both bags featured in this thread are beautiful bags but the practicality for the price rules them out for me personally.

when I first saw a picture of it I went and asked my SA if they were getting it in store because i was keen to see it in the flesh.
he told me its not the most user friendly bag and its over my budget but i still would love one day to own it-its based on a french schoolgirls book carrier (dont think I've worded that correctly ..but apparently french schoolgirls would carry their books by some sort of leather belt that straps around them)
I cant answer your other questions but I do really love runway items they are a little bit more 'special' and unusual I daresay if there is enough interest in a particular runway bag it would eventually make it into the main collection.
That's such an apt description of the bag! Love the schoolgirls book carrier reference! I also adore the structure and details of the bag. But given it's a hand carry bag, I probably won't get enough use out of it to justify the price point. Still a lovely bag; maybe someday I'd change my mind.
I saw the simone bag in store last summer. It is gorgeous.
Couldn't agree more!

The Simone bag is in the stores and pops up in the website. The second pic is the Sacabar, also selling in the website right now.

I don’t think they do new models of bags thinking exclusively on the runway, rather, they use the runway to showcase new models. Sometimes a bag shown in the runway would not go into production. Naturally, some time can pass between the bag appearing in the runway and it hitting the stores.

Exactly what @doni said. These aren’t really “runway” bags but often rather just our first chance to see new or seasonal items. No different than the shoes that the models walk in for the shows being the new seasonal shoe/sandal. For example, I believe the first time we really saw the mini Lindy was during a runway show and I doubt anyone would call that a “runway bag”.

Regardless, both bags featured in this thread are beautiful bags but the practicality for the price rules them out for me personally.
Thank you both for your sharing your knowledges! I guess it makes sense that H would test the water before producing more. The impracticality of hand-carrying the Simone bag and its price point also ruled out the bag for me. It is a lovely and unique bag that I'd say yes to if my money tree were bigger :lol:

maxroxxherhandbags...I have never seen a French school girl carry her books that way... :smile: ;)

Thank you for this info! Do you have any info re the coat that is featured with the Simone. Love it!