Hermes Rumors

luxwear

O.G.
Dec 4, 2005
I think that all of you do a great job keeping up with the latest Hermes news...but sometimes I see posts bringing incorrect info to the forum. I wanted to clear up two things that I have read.
1) There will be a new format for the date stamp.
- I have seen the new date stamp and it is the same sequence as always
2) On the Kelly, one of the rings on the handle where the strap hooks onto will be done away with, making it like it used to be.
- I have a 2008 Kelly and it has two rings.

I hope this helps...you guys are great about getting factual info, so I thought I should clarify these points.

THanks Luxwear! I'm glad the extra rings on the Kelly are going, I think it's much better without; pity I recently got a SO Kelly and that has the extra rings:sad:

Sorry Duna! I think I didn't write my post clearly...the rings are NOT going, and the date stamp is NOT changing....I had read posts that said both of these things would happen....and upon getting new bags I saw that this was not the case....
At least you don't have to be sorry that you missed out on the single ring!

Sorry Duna! I think I didn't write my post clearly...the rings are NOT going, and the date stamp is NOT changing....I had read posts that said both of these things would happen....and upon getting new bags I saw that this was not the case....
At least you don't have to be sorry that you missed out on the single ring!

Oops, sorry, I missread your post!!! Oh well, I still think the extra rings are "ugly" but I suppose they do protect the bag from the hooks on the strap rubbing the leather....

When I think about it I agree. The lines of the Kelly are so clean that one ring is really true to form. My first Kelly was from the first year that they did two rings, so I never really thought about the difference:smile:

Let's see the new bags over the next few months. The bags that are arriving at the stores, or those that have arrived at the stores were made at the end of 2007. By the time, they pass QC and get shipped out, it's not surprising that it's only now that they are arriving at stores.

I do not have information of whether what was posted is fact or fiction. That's why I am suggesting we give this a few more months. We will know for sure then.

Regards

I have an L stamp Kelly in my hands - that has to have been made this year:smile:

That's good to know. I would still like to wait for a few more months. If by then, all the Kellys still have the double loop, we will know for sure. It really is too early in the year, to declare a trend. I know of H bags made outside of Paris, and they need time to get shipped back to Paris for QC and stamping. So, this one could have been sewn last year but stamped this year, KWIM?

I am not saying that you are wrong, luxwear. All I am saying is, let's give it some time, to be 100% sure.