Hermes RTW

There wasn't a huge selection at MP either. I picked up the silk long sleeve sweater with frilly collar (not photographed I was too lazy to try it on), and fell in love with this cashmere wrap coat. Holding this beige one for now while I wait for the burgundy to come in to make a final decision.
View attachment 6013945
ETA: I'm normally 34/36, and this is a 34 that fit perfectly.
@jbeans, I love the beige one on you. I tried on the burgundy, and it made me look like a pallid brown mushroom cap. Though I think that I’m exactly the wrong skin tone for this shade. I believe you are paler, so the brown could look very rich in tone, and you are slimmer, so there would be a more flattering hourglass silhouette … See below (I think we are about the same height 5’2”, also in a 34)
IMG_7704.jpeg IMG_7705.jpeg

Last edited:
@jbeans, I love the beige one on you. I tried on the burgundy, and it made me look like a pallid brown mushroom cap. Though I think that I’m exactly the wrong skin tone for this shade. I believe you are paler, so the brown could look very rich in tone, and you are slimmer, so there would be a more flattering hourglass silhouette … See below (I think we are about the same height 5’2”, also in a 34)
View attachment 6020745View attachment 6020754
Ahh I'm trying it on tomorrow! But I already warned my SA that the color is not exactly what I was expecting. I don't think I can pull off this brown either. I was really hoping for more a reddish tone (closer to the color shown on the webpage). But I'm going to try it on anyway since it's transferred in already. Most likely going to have to pass too.

Reactions: 880
They have a hidden elastic waist band! So comfy! And they oddly go with a lot of stuff even though they are patterned. You would look great in them! And they would be so easy to pack! :biggrin:
View attachment 6020739
I'm trying on something similar tomorrow! Also attracted to it due to the elastic waistband :lol:
Did you have to get them hemmed? I'm guessing I'll have to, they look super long. Hopefully it won't take too long.
1718983151204.png

When I was younger I had a pair like @jbeans and @880 are showing/modeling. They were my favorite pants. I was also tall(er) and skinny so anything looked good. Well, I am still tall and we wont talk about skinny right now. :lol: Anyway, I then went through a phase thinking this style looks like pajama pants but now seeing them on you, I am thinking its time to revisit. You can not beat a combination of elastic waist and lightness of silk.

View attachment 6020745View attachment 6020754
Really???
I tried this piece at the store
I like how it looks compared to website
I got this color

Reactions: 880
I tried on this stunning poncho trench in bleu noir today and am hoping someone on this thread will take it home…it’s just beautiful but far too dressy for my life.
View attachment 6020913
Yes that's the one I got! I'll post mod shots once it comes back from alterations! My life is quite casual, but I'd totally wear this during most of our weather.

I also tried on the turtle neck (frilly neck) that is in silk/elastane, but it just didn't look flattering on me. It would make a great layering piece though.

Yes that's the one I got! I'll post mod shots once it comes back from alterations! My life is quite casual, but I'd totally wear this during most of our weather.

I also tried on the turtle neck (frilly neck) that is in silk/elastane, but it just didn't look flattering on me. It would make a great layering piece though.
It looks like there are buttons on the sleeves. Did you try button up the sleeve? How does that look like? I was trying to find pictures of this trench coat with buttoned up but barely found anything.

Reactions: skybluesky
Hope you got the dress and jacket :smile:

Here Hermes: taupe silk pants 2024; white carotte pants 202; navy synthetic zip jacket 2023; black poplin tunic top 2022; 35B Togo, custom metallic charcoal, brushed hw by @docride; cargo picotin 18; white shorts 2024; 30B vache liegee, custom Gunmetal gray finish by @docride

Chanel cashmere Argyle vest 2024; Chanel ballet flats; chanel red long line vest with black and white mini sequins; shearling Boston mules and Arizona’s
View attachment 6017808View attachment 6017809View attachment 6017810View attachment 6017811
I love how the Chanel vest blends w the pants despite being uncoordinated colors.

P.S. cant help but zoom in to magnify the bag collection at the back. We need more glimpses of your bag closet on future ootds lol

It looks like there are buttons on the sleeves. Did you try button up the sleeve? How does that look like? I was trying to find pictures of this trench coat with buttoned up but barely found anything.
I kept the sleeves buttoned and in my opinion that made it more of a manageable piece for "everyday." It just looks like normal sleeves which is what I prefer. The buttons blend in with the fabric. I did get the sleeves shortened, meaning that one button will be lost but I'm fine with that.

I tried on this stunning poncho trench in bleu noir today and am hoping someone on this thread will take it home…it’s just beautiful but far too dressy for my life.
View attachment 6020913
I think you would look amazing in this with a tank top, worn jeans, and Birkenstocks… or black tank and white painters pants; or olive cargos….

I have something similar from CdG (Dover street Market, Singapore) that is cut down for shorties (not as much dramatic volume, shorter, slimmer sleeves). No fabulous belt detail… But, IMO, this is way too much coat for short people. You have the height and elan to pull it off :biggrin: I hope you consider getting it:smile:

ETA: I hope someone like @ari also considers it :smile: She has a very different style than you have, I would love to see the contrast.

Last edited: