Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Does anyone know if a handle can be replaced on a vintage kelly? Or if they will even take such a bag in?! This one is from the 1970s and I adore the colour

View attachment 4787732

View attachment 4787733
They can replace the handle. It’s not inexpensive though and depending on the condition of the rest of the bag, may or may not be worth it. I did it about three and a half years ago, pricing at the time here
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-spa-pricing.634088/page-20#post-30979809 I think my post is number 297 but there are other prices in this thread too.

Reactions: peachpea
Reactions: Tonimichelle
I just purchased my first Birkin, a 21-year-old, pre-loved B35 in black Ardennes. It has some moderate loss of shape. Pictures attached for reference. And the heat stamp is slightly worn off.

If I send it to the spa, is there anything they can do to restore the shape, at least partially? I realize it will never go back to its original, but I'd love to turn back the clock a little bit. And with respect to the heat stamp, I've read in this chain that the spa can re-stamp bags. But the font appears to be different than that used today. Does anyone have experience getting such an old bag, with a seemingly out of date stamp re-stamped?

It was sold without a box. Should I purchase a box separately so that I can store it on its side when I'm not using it to prevent further loss of shape? I have an organizer on the way from Connie at Divide and Conquer; is there more I should do?

And finally, a question I'm sure others here have asked but I haven't been able to find: Will asking my local store to help with this bag hurt my chances of purchasing direct in the future? I have no purchase history but expect to start building soon.

Thank you! IMG_6426.jpgIMG_6428.jpgIMG_6427.jpg

Hello ladies,
I just purchased a pre-loved black box Kelly 28 from 2000. When I requested for a spa service in Vancouver store over the phone, the representative said they are not taking in any bags for repair (or spa service, I assume) at the moment because of the current pandemic situation and not sure when they will be taking the bags in for service again. Does anyone else have similar response from your local store?
Yes I had a similar response from my local Boston store. They took down my information so I am hoping they will contact me once they start taking more bags for spa again!

I just purchased my first Birkin, a 21-year-old, pre-loved B35 in black Ardennes. It has some moderate loss of shape. Pictures attached for reference. And the heat stamp is slightly worn off.

If I send it to the spa, is there anything they can do to restore the shape, at least partially? I realize it will never go back to its original, but I'd love to turn back the clock a little bit. And with respect to the heat stamp, I've read in this chain that the spa can re-stamp bags. But the font appears to be different than that used today. Does anyone have experience getting such an old bag, with a seemingly out of date stamp re-stamped?

It was sold without a box. Should I purchase a box separately so that I can store it on its side when I'm not using it to prevent further loss of shape? I have an organizer on the way from Connie at Divide and Conquer; is there more I should do?

And finally, a question I'm sure others here have asked but I haven't been able to find: Will asking my local store to help with this bag hurt my chances of purchasing direct in the future? I have no purchase history but expect to start building soon.

Thank you! View attachment 4801784View attachment 4801786View attachment 4801785
Pretty bag!
You don't need a box to keep it in shape, just a way to stuff it (gently) and lay it on its back.
Assuming you had it authenticated, I would not worry about a gently worn heat stamp. It's part of the bag's character.
The "spa" MIGHT be able to help with shape, but it's also nice to have a soft Birkin...personally many of us love that look. Still don't hesitate to let after sales care know that structure is what you are after.

In my experience owning and spa-ing a vintage bag doesn't hurt you at all with the store, in fact, might be a plus.

Hi Ladies

I am a newbie in the H world and interested in purchasing a vintage C23 and Kelly 28 both in box leather from ebay. However, there are some conditions that I need to consider such as dry leather, scratches and even leather splits on the side of the Kelly flap ( I think this is the glazing part). Does anyone know if the spa can help with these conditions? Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you in advance.Constance 3.PNGConstance 4.PNGConstance 6.PNGKelly 7.PNGIMG_7602.JPGIMG_7603.JPGIMG_7601.JPGIMG_7605.JPGKelly 6.PNG

Hi Ladies

I am a newbie in the H world and interested in purchasing a vintage C23 and Kelly 28 both in box leather from ebay. However, there are some conditions that I need to consider such as dry leather, scratches and even leather splits on the side of the Kelly flap ( I think this is the glazing part). Does anyone know if the spa can help with these conditions? Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you in advance.View attachment 4810145View attachment 4810146View attachment 4810147View attachment 4810150View attachment 4810151View attachment 4810152View attachment 4810153View attachment 4810154View attachment 4810155
Glazing can be restored, scratches can partially be buffed out with regular Spa conditioning (however they will not disappear with Spa, only with time will they turn into a lovely patina). However, cracked (or very dry close to cracking) box leather cannot be restored, the cracks will only get worse once the leather has become that dry. Cracked straps can be replaced but this takes time and is costly. I personally would not go for either of the 2, but especially not the Constance with the cracked strap.

Glazing can be restored, scratches can partially be buffed out with regular Spa conditioning (however they will not disappear with Spa, only with time will they turn into a lovely patina). However, cracked (or very dry close to cracking) box leather cannot be restored, the cracks will only get worse once the leather has become that dry. Cracked straps can be replaced but this takes time and is costly. I personally would not go for either of the 2, but especially not the Constance with the cracked strap.
Thank you for the advice pinkorchid. I’ll take it into consideration.

Reactions: pinkorchid20
Pretty bag!
You don't need a box to keep it in shape, just a way to stuff it (gently) and lay it on its back.
Assuming you had it authenticated, I would not worry about a gently worn heat stamp. It's part of the bag's character.
The "spa" MIGHT be able to help with shape, but it's also nice to have a soft Birkin...personally many of us love that look. Still don't hesitate to let after sales care know that structure is what you are after.

In my experience owning and spa-ing a vintage bag doesn't hurt you at all with the store, in fact, might be a plus.

Thanks for the advice. I'll stuff it and put it on its back, sans box. And I won't hesitate to bring it to the store to spa!

Re: the worn heat stamp, I bought it from a reputable reseller and had it authenticated just after purchasing by bababebi. And I understand that for some this is part of the bag's character, but as a matter of personal preference, I love the look of a crisp, clean gold stamp against black leather. So any advice on whether re-stamping or touching up the stamp would still be greatly appreciated :smile: