Hermes Relationship

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
Just a casual question to find out from all of you :-

How long have you been shopping at Hermes? :P

Do you always go back to the same Hermes store?

How long have you had your Hermes relationship with your Hermes SA?

A couple of weeks ago, there was a post that mentioned Hermes upgrading its POS (point of sale) system. I heard the same is going on in Singapore. Does it mean that it is going to be a global integrated service, and that all our purchases across geographical boundaries would be consolidated in one universal system? I imagine the outcome being beneficial (consolidate all the spendings) but at the same time, problematic (no duplicate SOs in a few stores)

It'll be nice to hear what each of you think about this.

Hi Mssparkles

I think a lot of other brands are also looking at (if not already implemented) this global integrated system whereby they can track/monitor their customer's spending habits, type of products bought and travel patterns etc.... with the aim to perhaps improve customer service and serve their needs better. ... A lot of Credit Card companies are privy to such information...

I think it's a good system in that customer loyalty will hopefully be rewarded. At the same time, it may allow Hermes to screen out customers who are "resellers" on the side.... blacklisted on a global system??

Of coz this raises the issue of confidentiality of customer information... but from Hermes' perspective, I can see that it would be beneficial.

I've been shopping at Hermes for about 4-5 years now.

I normally go to my local store but if I am traveling I always stop into any boutique I am by. I am closer to the Beverly Hills boutique but if I am in Orange County I also stop into the SCP boutique and have made several purchases there as well.

I've had a steady relationship with my current SA since moving to LA. I went into Hermes about 2 days after the move and have stuck with the same SA since then. At SCP I've worked with several SA's but haven't really stuck to one as I haven't had the same type of fabulous service as in BH.

I asked the global integration question at my boutique and was told that in theory that is what they are trying to do but they have run into roadblocks in the state of California due to the privacy act, therefore right now nothing purchased in CA can be seen at other locations or even within different boutiques within CA. The rest of the country though is integrated according to my source.

From what the manager at my store has said, they're using the POS system already and it'll be deployed slowly across stores, allowing them to find customer files easily.

Since I'm not particularly fussy about anything (except my "Do you have anything in Rouge Vif Chevre today?" question), I don't mind having my purchases available anywhere in the world if it allows me to get my preferences faster or with more ease. Should I move abroad, it would certainly prove invaluable in building a new relationship with my new store.

I don't quite understand how it works though. I mean I understand how this integration system works but if I go to the store, pay cash, they for sure cannot trace me. It's not like you have to show your passport or something. So if I don't want to be traced (if I were a reseller for example), my name would be Jane Doe.
I agree though that it's great for people who are traveling a lot and buy at different boutiques (like me).

If we buy from all over, which store is going to take our bag orders and take our SO ??

I would think your relationship with the store is still VERY important despite this POS system :shame:

I don't feel all that really matters...when it comes down to SO or getting bags at store level you really desire...you need to frequent one boutique and one SA. Hermes will never be able to implement policy across the board to all of their stores. Just impossible to watch out for customers all over the world like that. The SAs should all be courteous and helpful, but just look at how each store works in solo...they could never all have the same rules and work wonderfully across the board.

I think it is lovely all our purchases will be recorded and recognized everwhere, but don't expect amazing things coming your way at every boutique you walk in. Frequenting one boutique is key.

I've only started shopping at Hermes this year. I'm hooked. I've made purchases in several different Hermes stores. However, I'm going to make the Manhattan store my "home base."

I don't think they will be able to access the independently owned stores. However, I think it will be a good idea to monitor spending on an international basis to keep the resellers at bay.

mrssparkles, I've always stopped in at Hermes whenever we travel. Have been doing this for years.

I don't live near any one boutique. The closest, right now, is 7 hours away....there is another about 8 hours away, another around 10, and a 4th one around 12 hours.

I so wish I could walk to my nearest Hermes! Goodness, I'd take an hours drive anytime over the distance I have to travel but, lacking that, I've tried to build up relationships with the great SAs I meet and mostly end up shopping by telephone.

I've been shopping at Hermes for about 5 years now and usually hit the same store and SA to maintain loyalty for the bag orders. Occasionally if I really need something and my SA's not working I'll call another store.

While I think I understand the need for a company to track their customers' spending patterns for business purposes and in Hermes' case to thwart resellers, I do find it a bit disturbing that this is happening across the board. I was at Barneys the other day and caught a glimpse of my information up on the screen and it included how much I had spent there the entire year. Aside from the fact that it was a little disconcerting seeing that figure there, I not a huge fan of being "monitored" even though I know it happens everywhere now....even when you swipe your grocery card at the supermarket!

I agree with you Orchids that it is very disconcerting to know that our every move is traceable but that appears to be our future....... :sad:
I live within 1 1/2 hours of two H boutiques. Unfortunately I have not found a nice SA at either. Thus, I have shopped at other boutiques finding nicer SAs but at great distances.

I've paid cash for about 4 different purchases recently and was asked each time for my full name and then everything purchased was inputed seperately in "my file". They made sure I was the right person by making me repeat my home address. I don't take offense at the monitoring as I already see the customer service level becoming more personalised each time I buy something and especially each time I request something.