Hermes Reds. What are your favorites?

ariluvya21

Nov 29, 2009
I am planning on placing a SO in a couple of weeks (before my SA goes to Paris) and want a red Birkin or JPG. I love red but it really has to be the right red. I like "true" reds. In other words, I don't like when reds look a little orange or look a little pink. I just like pure reds. Aside from a true red, I also like burgundy. My favorite red nail polish is Essie's Berry Hard (I've posted a photo with this thread courtesy of vampyvarnish.com).

So I guess I have three questions:
1) Which red would TPF members recommend based on my likes?
2) Which leather would TPF members recommend? (I like durable leathers i.e. togo, clemence, fjord, chevre)
3) Should I go with a 35 Birkin or a JPG?

HELP HELP HELP! I still have a couple of more weeks to decide!

I checked out the thread about Reds in the Reference Librbary but still can't decide! I need opinions!
************f0000][/COLOR]
Feel free to post pics of your red H bags!

Attachments

• Essie_Berry_Hard.jpg
    Essie_Berry_Hard.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,381
My fav reds are Rouge H and RG! I personally would go for the Rouge H!

Just wanted to add you should check out TT red HAC and wallet as well as the Caynne Peppers swift birkin :drool:

Rouge Garrance in clemence is quite versatile. Rouge H is more muted, but just as beautiful. Sadly I don't own any rouge H, but here are some pictures of rouge garrance for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,239
True red : RG, Togo/Clemence, JPG
Burgundy : Rouge H (best in Box, but since you want more durability, next best is Chevre or Fjord), 35 Birkin

ETA : The nail polish colour matches Rouge H.

If you want more of a va-va-voom pop colour, RG. For an elegant, understated red, Rouge H.

You won't and can't go wrong with either one. It's a matter of personal preference.

Last edited:
I agree ^^ with the above. Rouge H is slightly darker and I think it is a cool (as opposed to hot) shade of red.

Rouge H is the closest to the nails I think

Check out the reference thread on H colours too

Rouge H in box matches your nail polish. I think it is the closest match to what you want.

IMG_4467.jpg

If you want a brighter colour, you may want to see rouge vif in box.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/its-here-pictures-pg-8-a-451113-8.html#post10662913

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/rouge-vif-fjord-vs-rouge-garrance-togo-434463.html

Reactions: jiljenner
Rouge H in box matches your nail polish. I think it is the closest match to what you want.

IMG_4467.jpg

If you want a brighter colour, you may want to see rouge vif in box.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/its-here-pictures-pg-8-a-451113-8.html#post10662913

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/rouge-vif-fjord-vs-rouge-garrance-togo-434463.html

I love the color in box but don't want box leather because it's more susceptible to damage. I commute via public transportation into NYC from Long Island every day so I need something that is durable and can with-stand a subway. If the rouge H looks as gorgeous in Fjord, Clemence or Togo as it does in Box, I will probably go with that one!

Rouge H is sublime...such a classic and will be wonderful for years to come :o)
Rouge G is a true red,fun and classic at the same time...maybe a bit younger looking?
I vote Rouge H since it is so close in color to your favorite nail shade :o)

I don't find RG very 'pop' myself....It's more of a lipstick red. I find the shade safe and hence easy to wear.

Rouge H is a lot darker in Fjord, Chevre...Don't remember seeing it in Clemence or Togo IRL, but it does have some browns in it. Better to get the shade in box if you are looking for the colour that matches your nail polish....

Have you looked at Rouge Venetian?

I agree with Rouge Garrance and Rouge H. Like the other ladies have said, it depends on your personal preference. For me, it's Rouge H all the way. I love Rouge H.

Try to look at the leather book and talk to your SA. Good luck to you! :smile:

I don't find RG very 'pop' myself....It's more of a lipstick red. I find the shade safe and hence easy to wear.

Rouge H is a lot darker in Fjord, Chevre...Don't remember seeing it in Clemence or Togo IRL, but it does have some browns in it. Better to get the shade in box if you are looking for the colour that matches your nail polish....

Have you looked at Rouge Venetian?

I actually purchased an Evelyne in Rouge Venetian and ended up returning it. I don't love the color. I find it a little off for me. I was offered a Rouge Venetian Birkin 30 in Epsom but again, didn't love the color. I didn't feel it was a true red.

It really sounds like Rouge G is what I'm leaving towards.

I actually purchased an Evelyne in Rouge Venetian and ended up returning it. I don't love the color. I find it a little off for me. I was offered a Rouge Venetian Birkin 30 in Epsom but again, didn't love the color. I didn't feel it was a true red.

It really sounds like Rouge G is what I'm leaving towards.

Rouge Garance or Rouge VIF is what you are looking for if you need a "true" Red. Rouge VIF looks brighter to me than Rouge Garance though....

ooh ive spent a lot of time thinking about this as ive had the same choice and dilema to make and we share the same thoughts on not being pinky or orangey etc, i love rouge h and rouge vif - from samples i saw i think vif is brighter. as a darker red bordeaux is gorgeous in certain leathers? i think rouge h overall - havent H rested rouge garance??