Hermes Reds. What are your favorites?

I prefer RG...............either a 35cm or JPG would be wonderful......it depends on whether or not you want something that could be worn over your shoulder or not.......if so, then maybe a JPG would be the way to go

I personally prefer Rouge Vif over RG then Rouge H over Venetian red for the darker/muted tones.

I thought I always wanted at RG until I was offerred one and in person, holding on to it made the difference. Does your store have any other bags in the reds that you can try on?

I personally prefer Rouge Vif over RG then Rouge H over Venetian red for the darker/muted tones.

I thought I always wanted at RG until I was offerred one and in person, holding on to it made the difference. Does your store have any other bags in the reds that you can try on?

I'm going there on Sunday to pick up a couple scarves (and drop off my holiday gift for the ladies in the shop) so I'll see if they have anything in red I can take a peak at!

My screen settings might be off, but your nail polish looks like a cross in between Rouge Garrance and Rouge H to me. I echo what everyone else has said, Rouge H is more a burgundy red, and Rouge Garrance is a true red. It depends what makes your heart sing more - both are beautiful!

Personally though, Rouge Garrance in either togo or clemence enchants me, it is a true primary red without much other undertones. HTH!

I know I am not helping...but I think you need both RG and Rouge H!

RG with PHW is sassy and modern while Rouge H gives a classic, almost vintage vibe (especially in box with GHW). You will need both IMO, :graucho:

I'm going there on Sunday to pick up a couple scarves (and drop off my holiday gift for the ladies in the shop) so I'll see if they have anything in red I can take a peak at!

At this moment, most stores will stock rouge venetian on display. Rouge venetian is a nice pretty color which I think has not been receiving much great feedback out of it. The only pure red until now from H is RG. If you can get a pre-loved red boxcalf (Rouge H/Rouge Vif), that'd be awesome.

I know I am not helping...but I think you need both RG and Rouge H!

RG with PHW is sassy and modern while Rouge H gives a classic, almost vintage vibe (especially in box with GHW). You will need both IMO, :graucho:

I wish I could afford to purchase both but unfortunately, I'll also be ordering a Paris-Bombay (I've been obsessed with this bag for 2 years) in gold.

I'm more of a vintage person but I'm not sure that Rouge H will work well in Togo or Fjord. I guess I really have to see it to figure it out!

At this moment, most stores will stock rouge venetian on display. Rouge venetian is a nice pretty color which I think has not been receiving much great feedback out of it. The only pure red until now from H is RG. If you can get a pre-loved red boxcalf (Rouge H/Rouge Vif), that'd be awesome.

I bought a Rouge Venetian Evelyne but returned it. I didn't love it for me. I felt it was a little dull. I also turned down an Epsom Birkin 30 when it was offered to me. I just didn't love the color.

I am in love with red too, and am trying to decide on the perfect red. Since I'm waiting for my $$$ to turn, I have time to noodle this question!

Rouge G seems to be a true, lipstick red. I also love VIF. Honestly, I cannot tell the difference between the two unless they are placed side by side in the same leather. I would call both a beautiful red.

Enjoy your red baby. I hope to join you soon.

My favourite red is the classic rouge H and I will definitely get another rouge H bag in some other leather. I also love rouge venetien, would love it in a bag, but if it comes only in clemence I'm not thrilled about that. Rouge garance is lovely true red, but very bright. Have also seen rouge vif in fjord, colorwise it's perfect, but I don't like fjord, so not many options for me :smile:

Here's a pic of rouge garance clemence and rouge vif chevre de coromandel. If I ever get another bright red bag, it'll be rouge vif chevre de coromandel. Love the subtle shade. It's a true red with a cool undertone, but not so striking as RG.

Pic has been taken with a flash, not much sunlight around here :yucky:

Attachments

• rouge garance clemence rouge vif chevre de coromandel.jpg
    rouge garance clemence rouge vif chevre de coromandel.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 463
all time favorite is rouge H in box leather. It's a deep royal red. I am so in love with the color but I already used up my next SO for a special bag. Ask your SA if you can SO rouge H box, my SA said box will be discontinued soon. Therefore, if your SO is accepted, then you'll be a truly lucky girl!!

I have rouge h in clemence, which I love. I am not a fan of rouge h in fjord or goatskin, which I think is too dark.

That said, I would love a rouge garrance bag as well.

Agreed^^-Rouge H in Clemence is lovely and brighter compared to Fjord and Chevre and is a nice alternative to Rouge H in Box which is the most beautiful incarnation of Rouge H IMO. Fjord and Chevre definitely mute the color. Recent batches of Rouge H accessories I've seen in Chevre have a definite brown undertone to it as opposed older Rouge H Chevre bags which are more red. On my screen, Rouge Garance would be an entirely different color from your polish, although it is another of my favorite shades.