Hermès Push Present?

So my DH and I just found out that we are expecting!!! So very exciting for both of us!!!

Wanted to ask you ladies what would be an appropriate push present?

I'm thinking I'd like a leather Garden Party for the functionality as I could potentially use it to tote a few baby items here and there if I don't want to be saddled down with diaper bag.

Thoughts?? TIA...

Thank you ladies for your responses and well wishes!!! So very kind of you!!!

My ultimate HG bag is a black Kelly with GHW, but I know that won't be "baby" friendly in regards to easy access, so I'm really considering the Garden Party.

I have Gucci and Bottega Veneta totes that I can use as an absolute last resort, but I'm just not sold on either.

I am looking for neutral Avalons for the nursery among other H items for the baby as well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Before I got preggo, I joked that I wanted a Birkin diaper bag but that was just a joke. I got a Birkin when my son was a year old, and practically speaking, it is not a good diaper bag. It's a little heavy and hand-held which isn't practical if you have IT and the baby.

I do love my GP but I have the shoulder strap with the zipper one so a little less practical than the typical GP. BUT man, can it hold a lot! I would advise towards all leather because my toile can get dirty (but it's sooo beautiful in etoupe!).

Finally, the one bag that is a hands-down winner with kids - the Evelyne! Totally hands-free but I have a 2-yo now, not an infant. I don't know if diapers and all the baby paraphenalia fit that great in the Evelyne.

Good luck with the bag search - maybe, you just need a fun bag so it doesn't have to be practical. For that, any of the H bags are great!

Congrats again!!!

As mom to a 15mth old my advice is to get the bag you want long term not something for use with the baby. You'll be dealing with dirty diapers and spit up. I still use my chanel woc mostly when out with the baby. I use my Kelly for nights out and my bolide for work. Unless you plan to always have a nanny with you don't add any stress to your time as a new mom by having a bag you may worry about.

Congratulations! The baby of course is the gift--a beautiful healthy baby. In my honest opinion,the "push gift" should not be about the baby, it should be about you. Diaper bag-great-utilitarian, necessary. How about a fabulous new piece of jewelry, or a bag for later??

Congrats on the baby! I agree with a lot of posters here that you should get something for yourself and nothing baby related. I'm sure once you give birth it'll be all about the baby for a long time and it'd be nice to have something that's all about you!