Hermes policy that I just learned...sigh

Sep 22, 2006
For those who don't know, Hermes has some cruel policy, "no birkin sale over the phone", "no birkin transfer from another store to your local H". :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Now I am offically in the sad zone...becoz my local H doesn't have a thing there...

I have never even had my SA mention that she could/would try to get a bag from another store. And, I've purchased quite a bit from her. I guess you just have to get on the list, and wait it out.

Sorry, lingo - they actually can do it if they want to. One SA offered to sell me anything over the phone (with a regular credit card too, not Amex) and ship it wherever I wanted. Didn't take advantage of that, but it made it very clear that if they want to, they can. Maybe if you give it some time they'll be a little nicer and help you out or you might go to another location. Best of luck.

I do think they are like that with Birkins and Kellys. But probably not with other models. Just because of all the waiting list history and stuff. Canada just put out a super strict policy about Birkins and Kellys, so maybe the US stores are following suit a little bit.

Plus I think it is so much about your relationship with your SA, and your purchase history. JMHO