Hermes patents - Interesting webpage found

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. While googling "Hermes Sellier", I found this very interesting page. If you click the links under the heading "Title of Patent", there are drawings included AND the inventor's (designer's) names. I thought you all would appreciate it:

http://www.patentgenius.com/assignee/HermesSellier.html

2. Very cool - thanks!

3. Thanks for the link:smile:

4. This is interesting!! Thanks! :tup:

5. oh. I didn't know Jean-Louis Dumas invents bags. I thought he just... oversees.

Nice link. thanks.

6. Often with patents, it is the CEO or a senior exec who is listed as the designer/inventor. I know it is this way for vintage jewelry pieces.

7. makes sense because the patent should belong to the company. thanks.

8. Not anymore. He retired due to health issues. During his time he was the ultimate; every Christmas Eve sat at the desk near the entrance of FSH and said thank you to the customers. To me he is the personification of Hermès. Best quote I ever read from him was something to the effect that customers should not be head-to-toe Hermès, but just a touch for flair and elegance! Hermès is different to me now.:crybaby:

9. Too cool!
    Mr Dumas invented quite a lot of things and also designed some scarves AFAIK.

10. Anyone found who invented the Lindy yet? THAT is a cool design. I think an Indian gentleman did the Paris- Bombay.

11. Very cool link. Thank you for posting

12. Fantastic!!!! Thank you so much for posting!!!!

13. You're welcome, everybody!! It's my pleasure!!:okay: