Hermes Paris Stamp (on hardware, plaque) too thin on my latest Kelly! Anyone's got the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptptpt

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
Hi all beloved TPFers!

I have recently got some luck on my long waiting bag which is the Kelly Sellier in the size that I need (25cm Epsom) from the boutique last month. However, after using for a while, my friends started to notice that the HERMÉS Paris stamp on the plaque (front mental part attached to the sangle/strap) is "different" which is too thin/shallow and difficult to read. (Pictured below).
fN9qbb.jpg

So i came home to a comparison with another bag I got from the boutique earlier this year which is Kelly 32. I noticed that the new one (25cm) is indeed more difficult to see. The HERMES Paris stamp is there but you need an exact angle (to reflect the light in) to see the stamp properly otherwise it's very very difficult to read.

The picture below is a comparison picture I took from both of the bags. Of course, I do not doubt its authenticity as I purchased it out of the boutique by myself! No way Hermes is selling fake bag in their boutiques!

kellycomparison.jpg

But do you guys think this could be a defect? or maybe it's a new updated hardware spec that H recently changed? or any idea? And should i go back to the boutique and possibly asked for an exchange or a repair?

Thank you so much for your comments in advance!

Sorry, but we don't discuss points on the bags which relate to authenticity, like hardware, craftsman's marks, etc. If you are concerned about your bag, please consult a paid authentication service. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.