Hermes Paris January 2021 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidFincher

Jan 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm a Paris boy now and I live not far from the site where Hermes has its semi-annual sales in France, in January and June/July. The only problem this time is, of course, COVID.

Sales in France are strictly regulated and are only allowed during soldes periods set by the government. The January 2021 sales were originally scheduled to start on 6 January 2021. Usually (but not always) the Hermes sale begins on the first day of the soldes period. I called Hermes about a month ago and they told me that chances of there being a January sale were slim, however they hinted that there was a slight chance and that I should call back in a few weeks. Subsequently, the French government announced that the first day of the winter 2021 soldes period is being moved to 20 January (in line with planned re-opening of bars and restaurants in France). I called Hermes on Friday, and they couldn't give me anything definitive, but they strongly hinted that there will be a sale, perhaps starting on 20 January or 27 January. However I stress this is not confirmed. Hermes told me to call back on 5 January 2021 for an update. I will let people know what I find out, I think a lot will depend on how COVID plays out over the next few weeks in France.

Hi everyone, I'm a Paris boy now and I live not far from the site where Hermes has its semi-annual sales in France, in January and June/July. The only problem this time is, of course, COVID.

Sales in France are strictly regulated and are only allowed during soldes periods set by the government. The January 2021 sales were originally scheduled to start on 6 January 2021. Usually (but not always) the Hermes sale begins on the first day of the soldes period. I called Hermes about a month ago and they told me that chances of there being a January sale were slim, however they hinted that there was a slight chance and that I should call back in a few weeks. Subsequently, the French government announced that the first day of the winter 2021 soldes period is being moved to 20 January (in line with planned re-opening of bars and restaurants in France). I called Hermes on Friday, and they couldn't give me anything definitive, but they strongly hinted that there will be a sale, perhaps starting on 20 January or 27 January. However I stress this is not confirmed. Hermes told me to call back on 5 January 2021 for an update. I will let people know what I find out, I think a lot will depend on how COVID plays out over the next few weeks in France.
Thank you! 27th is my birthday and I'd love to get to Paris for the day to celebrate-I wonder if those of us in Tier 4 at the moment will be allowed to travel by then?
Heres hoping!

Good news !

Reactions: keodi
Hi good news and bad news. The sale is taking place on 26 and 29 January at the palais des congrès (those two days only) however it is a private sale by invitation only for clients based in France.
Well-we're in lockdown here anyway so even if it was open to the public I wouldn't be attending but I really look forward to hearing all about it and seeing some 'reveals'

Status
Not open for further replies.