Hermes Packaging in Different Countries Around the World...

calisnoopy

Instagram @calisnoopy ❤️USC Football
O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Just curious--whenever I've purchased Hermes bag items from the U.S. boutiques, I've received the following (feel free to respond if you received something different from the list etc):

--Hermes Orange Box

--Hermes white dustbag (orange for older seasons)

--Hermes rainkit (on Birkin bags)

--Hermes keys/pochette/lock (on certain Hermes styles with the key/lock)

--Hermes white cardboard tag hanging on ledge of box (with style, size, color, leather and hardware information listed)

--Hermes care booklet (a white H embossed logo square-ish booklet usually found on the inside zipper pocket of my Birkin bags when purchased new)

I was just wondering what the packaging list was like when shopping at Hermes in other countries since a friend of mine in Japan recently told me some things differ in their Hermes packaging...

On a side note, couldn't find a conclusive answer on this but if you have an Shiny Porosus Croc Hermes Birkin (may be getting one soon as a gift from Asia) and it does NOT have the CITES, can you just bring the bag into your local Hermes boutique in the U.S. (even if the bag was purchased overseas etc) and get a replacement CITES certificate and what does this entail--do they have to ship your bag somewhere before reissuing a replacement CITES and how much does it cost and how long does it usually take?

Would love to hear people's experiences regarding this too, thanks!!! :smile:

I have shopped only in Europe and never have gotten the tag, they always take it away, whether it was a bag, SLG, shoes, scarf... It would be nice to have it, even if just to keep a detailed record of your things.

I had only shopped in US. Had all the items in your list except the white tag that hangs on the box. My SA always takes that away. She said they are not suppose to show clients that tag. not sure if its true?!

MsReya said:
I have shopped only in Europe and never have gotten the tag, they always take it away, whether it was a bag, SLG, shoes, scarf... It would be nice to have it, even if just to keep a detailed record of your things.
Same here. I have never gotten the tag in Europe. In the US sometimes yes and sometimes no.

BegforBag said:
My SA always takes that away. She said they are not suppose to show clients that tag. not sure if its true?!

Have heard the same... I don't care about reference numbers, but the exact names of colours would be nice to have, sometimes just can't remember all the nuances...

i have shopped in Europe, US and Asia H stores..and the SAs definitely left the tag on for the scarves, shawls and twillies which states the name of the design, colours, reference number and the barcode..but they don't for bags, bracelets, slgs...

So far I have shopped in the US and rarely been given any white tag with info not even on twillys. The SAs seem to always remove it. I wish they will just let people have it because I find it really useful especially when you have so many other same orange boxes.

I have friends with Lindy bag that came with the white tag. I bought a pink carmen recently and that came with tag. Another carmen didn't. All my twillys didn't come with white tag. So who knows whether you are supposed to have it or not because it seems quite inconsistent from one person to another.

I only shopped in the US. I got everything you listed but never the white tag on any SLG or bags. I phoned the SA thinking it was accidentally left out, my SA specifically told me those are for them to keep, not for the customers. I agreed with the other that would be good to have.

Yes, white tags with design and color on silk and shawl.

It is all over the place. I've bought things with the white tag on but SA said that I'm not supposed to have it. SO why give it to me ? Won't they get into trouble ? Sometimes I would get the item tag on the drawstring of the dust bag but sometimes they cut it.

I think there is no standard on this.