hermes ostrich

enza991

O.G.
Jul 16, 2010
hi,i just bought a vintage hermes jige in gold ostrich,which has some marks and spot,but i don't really care about .I'd like to know if is possible to clean the hermes ostrich with a damp cloth,maybe in this way i can give to the pochette more uniformity in terms of color. Have you experience with the maintenence of the ostrich with the damp cloth?Sorry for my poor english. Lots of love!!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Plain water won't harm ostrich, it's the exotic that doesn't mind rain but it also won't change it. Ostrich will either lighten with time (lesser brands - dyes unstable in sunlight) or darken in time. It's not really darkening but the skin will form a shinier top layer and appear darker. Life will provide the patina so you only have to keep using the bag to make it more uniform. Don't touch it with any grease including most creams made for normal leather. That includes hand-creams and grease from chips, and since the J is a clutch you will have to be careful otherwise you'll have permanent fingermarks where touched and/or carried. Def worth taking to H for a spa if it bothers you.

Reactions: pinklining