Hermes on Bluefly...could it be real???

I had a code of BUY41 for an extra 10% off. It doesn't seem to work when you type it in online, but I called and they applied it because it is valid until 9/30. Wish it were 15% off.

I asked an SA a month ago and he actually said they were authentic. I may have an additional 15% off code if anyone wants one.

Japster, did he say where Bluefly was getting the merchandise?

hermeslady--thanks for that info--I had assumed the items were sale items, and therefore had not considered buying, because as hello2703 said, they would be overpriced (I think scarves were about $190 at the last NY sale? please correct me if I'm wrong!). I got my black Voie Lactee for $167 from a store sale last winter.

Tangle, I bought a scarf for my mother and it came with it's Hermes box and no "S" mark. I also did take it in to Hermes and they said it was authentic and that is when the male SA and I were talking about Bluefly.

It's possible that what they are selling on bluefly could be just like what they sell at an airport store - just a thought - it's the lower end stuff for purses though they did have a small leather garden party twilly on this a.m. but don't know how the prices compare. The garden party is really small.

Bluefly's scarves are the real deal and they seem to sell like hotcakes - as soon as they are listed.

This time they are selling at 90 % of retail, last time they were at 80 % , so, they've increased prices.

But, IMHO, the patterns are not the most desirable and the scarves may be excess inventory. But, they are certainly recent issues.

Here are some of the Hermes Bags they have/had:
Valpraiso, Garden Tote, Hee Boo, Colorado
prodImage.ms

prodImage.ms
prodImage.ms

prodImage.ms

prodImage.ms
prodImage.ms

Personally I'd rather get these from a reputable seller on eBay ... They're cheaper than Bluefly ... Ever since the Balenciaga scandal, I've been hesitant about buying anything from them.:Push:

Wasn't there also an issue with Bluefly's customer service about returns or something? Not sure. Anyways, I don't trust that site ever since the BBag incident, I prefer going through the boutique (to establish a relationship) or through a good seller (for the scarves, it was only 10% off anyway).:flowers:

Personally I'd rather get these from a reputable seller on eBay ... They're cheaper than Bluefly ... Ever since the Balenciaga scandal, I've been hesitant about buying anything from them.:Push:

Kou, I think it makes more sense if 1.) you have a good code and 2.) you are able to take it into Hermes to authenticate.