Hermes NYC

I am back from New York and thought that I would give a little update of my birkin shopping experience. Only managed to visit the Wall Street store and from outside the windows I could see three 25cm Birkins: one in vert, the second one in ostrich, and I cant remember the color of the third one even though (shocking!) I just saw it beginning of the week (old age :sad:).

It was just after 10am on Monday, so I was very very early. The SAs were not particularly warm...maybe coz it was Monday and too early for any customer. Inside the shop I saw a couple more birkins, there was a stunning 25cm croc in some beige color with diamonds, but the size of the birkins on display were either too big for me or too small.

One thing I noticed is that they put tems back into the cabinets very quickly, i.e. I asked to take a look, and as I was mulling over whether I should buy or not, they will put them back and lock up. As I can be quite indecisive, I have made them open and close the cabinets a few times so that I can take a second (and third) look :amuse:. I just did not have this experience before in H stores I have visited in Asia.

Oh, and by the time I went back to the Wall Street store on Thursday, all the 25cm Birkins were sold (except for the croc). The speed of turnover was amazing.

I saw a green Kelly and a lady looking at a brown 30cm Birkin when I was in the Wall Street store last Wednesday. I was after the animal keychains and have to say the staff were very helpful and showed me all they had

mooks, was it a brown Birkin with orange trimming? It was yummy, and the SA told me it came in on Thurs morning.

lisawhit, yes, I bought a couple of things :busted. will post a reveal shortly. :smile: