Hermes newcomer needs tiny question answered!

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
Hi ladies....well, I tried to find an answer to my question and couldn't here...please forgive if answer is lurking somewhere and I missed it?

Does every Hermes Birkin, esp. size 35 in "regular" leather (i.e., non-exotics) come in GHW as well as PHW? Your answers will help me decide what color combos to purchase for my first.. getting one soon....:yahoo:

TIA!

Yes, usually it's PHW or GHW - and if you are lucky, you could come across special orders, such as polished hardware Gold, or silver. There are also ruthenium (close to Silver hardware) and SO Black (black hardware) on box but it's limited Edition.

Yes, usually it's PHW or GHW - and if you are lucky, you could come across special orders, such as polished hardware Gold, or silver. There are also ruthenium (close to Silver hardware) and SO Black (black hardware) on box but it's limited Edition.

What about the diamond encrusted hardware?

Welcome to some Orange!

Yes and in many cases if you find an odd match its better to go with it as it is not the usual piece eg blue Jean and gold as well as the one I have never seen and when I do will buy rosy swift with ghw for some reason I have not seen this one and I love it so, someday,but I find that many times bags change so much with one color or the other that its good to see them in pics at least . And brushed hardware can be ordered as well as reutheym or well it's grayish shall we say.

Last edited:
Hi ladies....well, I tried to find an answer to my question and couldn't here...please forgive if answer is lurking somewhere and I missed it?

Does every Hermes Birkin, esp. size 35 in "regular" leather (i.e., non-exotics) come in GHW as well as PHW? Your answers will help me decide what color combos to purchase for my first.. getting one soon....:yahoo:

TIA!

Technically yes. But the availability of your desired combination depends on whether it's ordered by the respective H store/s for that particular season.