Hermes newbie ( almost)

littles mom

littles mom
Oct 5, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I did it! I finally ,after years of wanting a Birken , went into the Hermes store and put my name in for a B30!!!! I am beyond excited! I am a Chanel addict but have always wanted the carefree look of the birken in a bright color. The swatches were amazing. My SA was beyond lovely and helpful. It may be a long wait as I am pretty particular on colors but, I think my excitement is going to give me a heart attack. And, as the case with Chanel, I think both me and my bank account are in for it for the long haul. I used to think " oh, I will be fine with just one Chanel. " It didn't happen LOL. There's always " just one more" needed to complete the collection. Hermes is amazing!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I did it! I finally ,after years of wanting a Birken , went into the Hermes store and put my name in for a B30!!!! I am beyond excited! I am a Chanel addict but have always wanted the carefree look of the birken in a bright color. The swatches were amazing. My SA was beyond lovely and helpful. It may be a long wait as I am pretty particular on colors but, I think my excitement is going to give me a heart attack. And, as the case with Chanel, I think both me and my bank account are in for it for the long haul. I used to think " oh, I will be fine with just one Chanel. " It didn't happen LOL. There's always " just one more" needed to complete the collection. Hermes is amazing!

What color did you ask for ?

Hi Everyone,

Congrats! I had no idea they were still doing a list other than for Special Orders. Good to know! Please do a reveal when it arrives :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

I am looking forward to your reveal!!!

Hi Everyone,

Feeling excited about this

Congratulations !!! Can't wait to see your beauty. I will be purchasing a B or a K in the new year, can you tell me more abot the process of signing up for one ?

I think it is different process for each store. My store calls it wishlist, if they get the bag of your choice and no one else is before you on the list for that particular combo, the bag can be offered to you. It can also be offered to you if the persons on the list before you decline the offer to purchase. The wait time was approximately two years in my store but I got lucky because someone before me on the list declined the same combo as I wanted and I got the bag after just 6 months wait. I don´t know though if the managers requests combos based on the clients wishes when they go to Paris to order for next season.

I know the store in Copenhagen only takes up orders from residentials and they charge a deposit when placing the order. My store did not ask for any deposit.

I think it is different process for each store. My store calls it wishlist, if they get the bag of your choice and no one else is before you on the list for that particular combo, the bag can be offered to you. It can also be offered to you if the persons on the list before you decline the offer to purchase. The wait time was approximately two years in my store but I got lucky because someone before me on the list declined the same combo as I wanted and I got the bag after just 6 months wait. I don´t know though if the managers requests combos based on the clients wishes when they go to Paris to order for next season.

I know the store in Copenhagen only takes up orders from residentials and they charge a deposit when placing the order. My store did not ask for any deposit.

Thank you for this, Nahreen :smile:

Yes it is like Nahreen says. There is no wait list per say. They take down what you would like in terms of leather, hardware and colors. The manager goes to Paris next in January. If something comes in meeting my exact specifications then they will call me in the meantime. But, otherwise it could take a year. Also, the swatches in store with exception of their basic color combinations, are just samples to go by. They have no way of knowing which other colors will actually be available for Hermes. Like Chanel , they will have similar colors each season but may not offer the same ones we see on people today.
If there is a list for people wanting the same colors as I then they will offer to those who put their name down first. Which is fair.
I was told that each Hermes is building up a repor with their own local customers . That is why they do not transfer readily between stores anymore and why you need to go in to the boutique as opposed to over the phone.

Yes it is like Nahreen says. There is no wait list per say. They take down what you would like in terms of leather, hardware and colors. The manager goes to Paris next in January. If something comes in meeting my exact specifications then they will call me in the meantime. But, otherwise it could take a year. Also, the swatches in store with exception of their basic color combinations, are just samples to go by. They have no way of knowing which other colors will actually be available for Hermes. Like Chanel , they will have similar colors each season but may not offer the same ones we see on people today.
If there is a list for people wanting the same colors as I then they will offer to those who put their name down first. Which is fair.
I was told that each Hermes is building up a repor with their own local customers . That is why they do not transfer readily between stores anymore and why you need to go in to the boutique as opposed to over the phone.

Sounds lovely with fuchsia or blue. Hope yours arrive sooner than anticipated. I had to wait 9 months before the wish list was even opened. They had closed it because there were so few bags arriving so there was no point in taking down more wishes.
However, I got lucky anyway with the bag arriving 6 months after opening of the list.

Congrats on starting a relationship with your store! Just a reminder that we have a lot of threads on wait lists, how to get a bag, how long it may take, etc. So if this thread devolves into an existing discussion like that it would be best to merge it with an existing one or close it.

Thanks.