HERMES NEW NYC FLAGSHIP STORE PLANNED

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
I assume that they will also close the men's store? Maybe it is me, and my mood, but is anyone else surprised that they are going forward with these plans at this point in time?

This has been in the works a long time. The men's and women's stores will be combined. Apparently it's quite a bit larger than the current main store and will be "lighter" inside (which is great, both Madison stores seem a little dark to me).

I know my husband's SA at men's is already making plans for moving inventory and has designed the made to measure spaces, so I don't think it's all that far away.

This has been in the works a long time. The men's and women's stores will be combined. Apparently it's quite a bit larger than the current main store and will be "lighter" inside (which is great, both Madison stores seem a little dark to me).

I know my husband's SA at men's is already making plans for moving inventory and has designed the made to measure spaces, so I don't think it's all that far away.
Thanks for sharing the intel! I’m assuming all the SAs in the current stores will all move over? I can’t wait to see this “lighter” interior!

Reactions: QuelleFromage

Can't add much more except that this HAS been in the works for years, the contracts done , the space begun to have been worked on, so its a done deal from the "why now" POV. Plus, H always looks long term.
The space is SIGNIFICANTLY larger, easily combining both other stores- it's a corner ( an old bank I think?) and 4-5 floors ( plus basement storage/inventory/etc.) The time I saw it, it was a bit analogous to the new Sevres store, in that the central space was open, with use of the exiting surrounding architecture ( and a roof garden!). As QF said, significantly more light. Actually had more of a MP/downtown vibe, but who knows what the true plan is?

Reactions: fishnumber2