Hermes Museum at FSH

Jun 23, 2007
Have any of you been invited to visit this museum located at FSH in Paris? I never knew it existed, but I don't know much about a lot of things, LOL. What's it like? Is it a big deal? I am under the impression it is QUITE the big deal. It's making me consider a trip to Paris soon...
--Judy

i wish i could credit these photos - i'm sure i got them from a thread on here, but i just can't remember which member posted them:

ETA - thanks mooks! they're from architectural digest, and birkin101 found them for us.

hermesmuseum.jpg

hermesmuseum8.jpg

hermesmuseum7.jpg

hermesmuseum6.jpg

hermesmuseum5.jpg

hermesmuseum4.jpg

hermesmuseum3.jpg

hermesmuseum2.jpg

Yes, I have been to this musuem in 1999. the curator was very knowledgable and she really knew her Hermes history. If you look out the window you can see all the way to Les Invalides; they also had a carriage that belonged to the King of Rome, Napoleon II, the Duke of Reichstadt. Also, when the door is open to the museum and you are standing in the foyer, one can hear all the noise from the sales floor, quite likea beehive. I enjoyed it very much. They even had the original Trim bag from the 50s, when it was first sold.
If you are in the US, the Hemres corporate office in NY should be able to arrange a tour.
All the best,
Susan von
:biggrin:Hermes:biggrin:Wien

Mooks -- The manager of our local boutique sought me out last time I was in the store and said hello to me and mentioned the museum. She told me to make sure that I told her when I would be visiting Paris next so she could arrange a visit for me. I felt really special.
Dressage Queen (and Mooks, again) -- Thank you so much for the photos. The article in AD was quite interesting. We will look through our our variety collection of old ADs.

Thanks to all of you who replied!

--Judy

Yes, I really enjnoyed it, a chance in a lifetime, I only go to Austria and Germany now, havent been to France since 1999, so I remember the visit very fondly.
Hope you are able to go across the Channel sometime to see it also!
BTW, all of us here in DC love your Queen, she has so much dignity and I love that the REgina scarf was named for her.
Susan von

I visited it in November of 2007 - totally amazing! I started a thread on it back then. I took tons of photos while there. It is really a very special place - you literally can smell the history!!