Hermes Mooncakes

Yah, unfortunately so. I hate this period of time.

I love mooncakes, all kinds. But especially the traditional kinds mostly because well, they're traditional (duh). Recently, local newspapers wrote a little about these mooncakes and the calories it packed! Horrendous!! For a normal sized mooncake, it's almost a day's calorie intake. Mostly from the sugar. Think mooncakes made for diabetics would be more healthy.

The newer varieties are nice too. My fave has to be the ones with Champagne truffles, or anything choc in it.

Anyway, I still think those Hermes mooncakes are gorgeous. I wouldn't bear to eat them though.
Champagne truffles? Where can I find these? Calories are not an issue for me. I love to eat!

Champagne truffles? Where can I find these? Calories are not an issue for me. I love to eat!

Kare2711, you are in Singapore aren't you? The newspaper article reported that each mooncake equals to 1000 calories, and so people should eat with care. And I was thinking, I grew up eating mooncakes by the whole when I was a child. Then again, my metabolic rate has crashed through the floor, and if I eat 1 mooncake now, I will have to work it off with 2 hours on the cross-trainer!!

HG, champagne truffle mooncakes are a creation by Raffles Hotel in Singapore. They are heavenly. But my choice will always fall back to traditional high quality, white lotus seed paste.