Hermes Mooncakes

HG - there is one brand that has three wise men pictures on there that I think have a very modern looking box that's brownish burgandy...That is the most expensive brand....Also, they taste more smooth. Don't know the name off the top of my head, Grandma and mom know better, but I guess I won't be getting some soon. Enjoy, they are yummy w/ tea or coffee.

HG - you should also try the "new" generation of mooncakes.. they are miniature and have much better fillings such as matcha (green tea). I prefer them over the traditional ones with the eggs!

They have the mochi-looking ones too. Health-wise I prefer the new ones since it's much lighter, but I also like traditional one since that's what started it all:yes:

Ooh, do you guys know the story behind mooncakes? It actually has to do with a legend. Two sides were fighting and one party needed to let their reinforcement (which is on the other side of the enemy line) to know their attack plans. So they came up with the plan of mooncakes. They made these cakes and stick little messages in them so when ppl went to deliver the goods, the enemies didn't know what they were up to and let them through. When the people behind the lines got the message which said something alogn the line of rebellion at full moon, that was precisely what they did and they overthrew their enemies! And now, every year people eat mooncakes on that day and it was seen as a holiday for family to get-together even if they live far away.

LOL you're close enough!! I was near there last week..went to xiao ya wu..dunno the english name, but it's near the 60 and Nogales St...they have good bread..yum

Oh! Xiao Ya Wu = JJ Bakery, we have one 3 miles from my house. Actually, I wish I had told you this earlier but there was this bakery called RJ's Pattiserie (sp?) that has EXCELLENT pastry. JJ Bakery can't even hold a candle to this one.

OHHH..where is RJ's? I might be back in LA next month..might drag my mom with me to go visit my aunt, my cousin and his son...I went to Michael Richards like Orchird's recommended...omg, yummy

OHHH..where is RJ's? I might be back in LA next month..might drag my mom with me to go visit my aunt, my cousin and his son...I went to Michael Richards like Orchird's recommended...omg, yummy

It's actually pretty close to the JJ Bakery, maybe a few blocks away. It's located on Azusa. Let me try to look up the address. Their pastries are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and intricate, even though it is on the more expensive side it tastes VERY GOOD and very light. They also make wonderful souffle too!!

Ok, found the addy ... Hey we should have a SoCal get-together there.

Rj Patisserie (626) 810-6678
1635 S Azusa Ave
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745