Hermes mini Kelly Shiny croc

Mypassion

Jan 14, 2015
Hello,
I’m planning to invest in a mini Kelly shiny crocodile/ alligator
I’m sure that I’m only interested in gold hardware.
Should I go with black or invest in a pop up colour.
What would you recommend.
I love colours and I’m not afraid to use it, but for a big purchase like this It might be safer with a black and stick with colours for my non exotic bags.
I’m only putting one colour on my wish list.
I’m planning to use it for formal events/ dinner and evening.
The bag I’m thinking about is:
Kelly II
Rose Scheherazade shiny alligator GHW
Or mini Kelly II shiny croc in noir GHW
Advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: mea_culpa
If you are going to limit yourself to the Rose Scheherazade you might be on a wait list for
longer than you might like.
If your heart is set on that color that is a different story.
The noir of course is gorgeous, classy & timeless.
Why not see what your SA has to offer & you may be pleasantly surprised that another color
might strike your fancy..JMHO

If you are going to limit yourself to the Rose Scheherazade you might be on a wait list for
longer than you might like.
If your heart is set on that color that is a different story.
The noir of course is gorgeous, classy & timeless.
Why not see what your SA has to offer & you may be pleasantly surprised that another color
might strike your fancy..JMHO
Thank you so much for your opinion.
The Rose Scheherazade is a gorgeous colour but i am afraid that it will limit my options with different outfits , it will be my only exotic bag in my collection.
The black is maybe easier to style.
I did see coming stock list for December and was offered to put one of these two colours on my wish list.
I told my SA that I will let her know tomorrow.
I’m hoping to get one of them by the end of this year.

Reactions: periogirl28
Personally I've passed on several shiny croc bags in noir because the black just doesn't show off the scales as brilliantly as a colour (any colour, honestly) because there is far less contrast between each scale. Rose Scheherazade in shiny croc is possibly one of the most beautiful shiny croc colours from Hermes, so my vote is for that. Shiny croc is also gorgeous in Vert Emeraude, Bleu Sapphir and Braise if you're looking for some "classic" colours that are easy to style.

Personally I've passed on several shiny croc bags in noir because the black just doesn't show off the scales as brilliantly as a colour (any colour, honestly) because there is far less contrast between each scale. Rose Scheherazade in shiny croc is possibly one of the most beautiful shiny croc colours from Hermes, so my vote is for that. Shiny croc is also gorgeous in Vert Emeraude, Bleu Sapphir and Braise if you're looking for some "classic" colours that are easy to style.
Agreed on the Bleu Saphir. I’m a black bag hag and that bleu sapphir takes the cake for me

Black croc was on top of my wishlist, I mean it's such a classic, can't go wrong. When I was going through the swatches with my SA, she said, why would you do a black exotic when H does colors so beautifully? Picking up colors was such a tedious thing to do but so worth it. I picked braise, vert emeradue and rose scheherazade for mini k. Colors are very personal, and maybe it would be a good idea to check out the swatches again and give more options to your SA but if noir is your first and only choice, never settle.

Thank you so much for your advice!
It really helped me a lot.
The Rose Scheherazade is breathtaking, but I heard from a friend today that it’s not produced for 2019?! I’m not sure if I have misunderstood my SA or if I even have this option...
I agree that Hermes makes such beautiful colours, if I have the option I might regret a black, especially in a mini Kelly exotic...

The Rose Scheherazade is breathtaking, but I heard from a friend today that it’s not produced for 2019?! I’m not sure if I have misunderstood my SA or if I even have this option...
I agree that Hermes makes such beautiful colours, if I have the option I might regret a black, especially in a mini Kelly exotic...
I’m nearly certain we’ve seen other offers/purchases of RS croc in Kelly Cuts and Pochettes this past year in the corresponding threads.

Hello,
I love colours and I’m not afraid to use it, but for a big purchase like this It might be safer with a black and stick with colours for my non exotic bags.bu
Kelly II
Rose SchehScheherazadeerazade shiny alligator GHW
Thank you in advance!

I would vote for rose Scheherazade!

Hello,
I love colours and I’m not afraid to use it, but for a big purchase like this It might be safer with a black and stick with colours for my non exotic bags.
Kelly II
Rose Scheherazade shiny alligator GHW
Thank you in advance!

when you are offered a kelly II in either croc rose sheherazade or croc noir, i would buy right away. buy now, think later :smile: i have a kelly pochette in croc RS with perma brass and love it so much. the noir croc that i have is a birkin 25 phw. i love them both so much. i honestly did not have a color in mind when i was offered those in 2010/2011. it might be "quicker" to be offered kelly II in noir though. but just the same, buy whichever comes first and you won't regret it :smile:

Reactions: Mypassion
I think one or two weeks ago on IG I saw a reveal from Paris that's exactly the RS you are referring to.

Reactions: Mypassion
I am not a pink person at all - I literally have told my SA “no pinks” for a wishlist item haha - but I love colors in general and H does great colors. I agree black will be the more classic and versatile option but personally I think if you go exotic it’s never going to be a truly everyday piece anyways, so why not go for a brilliant eye catching color? I will also second the suggestion that certain colors are more universal / versatile (reds and blues IMO) if you want to be able to match them to more outfits. But in the end if RS is what makes your heart sing, then that’s the color for you and I would say go for it!!