hermes mini kelly or kelly pochette?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I'm new and have a question for you: Which would you get a mini kelly or a kelly pochette? I already have a Kelly 32 (black) and a couple of Birkins 35 (an ostrich blue jean and a chocolate leather) and I would like something small, trendy, to use for cocktails or parties. I wondier which is considered the trendiest now. Have you any suggestions?

2. A 25 cm sellier Kelly is what I would go for perferably croc or lizard

3. KP is the trendiest hands down. I personally wouldn't rule out the mini kelly though for the purpose. On the plus side you can be original carrying a mini kelly when everybody else's carrying KP:supacool:. I love both.

4. Excellent taste mooks, I wish I could afford the croc/lizzard,

5. There's also the Kelly Cut and the Kelly longue to think about :graucho:

Here is my take on it: the 25 cm kelly is slightly more formal. The KP is cute and more casual. Also, the leathers used to make the KP are probably more limited: mainly swift and evergrain, I think, which not everyone likes, unless you go for exotics (croc and lizard).

Edited to add: I don't think either is really "trendy" though, if that's the main criterion.

6. I prefer the Kelly KP but if you want something trendy for parties, what about the medor clutch?

7. The Kelly Pochette for me, hands DOWN!

I love Kellys, but I am tall and at drinks/dinner parties I like a small bag, more like a clutch than a bag... I can get away with putting it on a table (next to me LoL) as I wander about, under an arm, and as much as I adore mini Kellys, they tend to look like a formal formal bag, or like I've borrowed a petit girl's bag for the night!

Its probably all in my head, but for me, the KP fits the bill better :yes:

8. Kelly Pochette for me as well!:heart:

9. I personally don't love the proportions of the 20cm mini Kelly - somehow to my eye the handle looks too big.

I think a Kelly Pochette is more versatile than a 25 Kelly, because a clutch can be dressed up or down. I have a 25 in black box but ended up getting a KP for formal occasions, as the 25 doesn't go with evening gowns!

10. It sounds to me like a Kelly Pochette would suit your needs best. You might also like to look at a Medor Clutch or Medor Pochette.

11. I agree with VanillaSkye about the Kelly 20's proportions.
    I have both a Kelly 25 and a couple of KP's. They are really different. If you are looking for something that can really go with evening gowns, a KP is much better. What i really like about the KP is that it can go from very formal to very casual. I have a plain black one and a grey lizard, and I use both with everything.
    I also really like the Kelly 25 when I want a small bag but have more than the KP can hold. I also love the shoulder strap on the 25, which I sometimes wear messenger style. This makes the bag totally versatile and it's often what I use to run around with little kids (so both my hands are free), go to movies/dinners, and for cocktail parties that are not totally dressy. My Kelly 25 is the retourne style and in Togo leather, so it's not a very dressy looking one and it holds a lot.

12. Thank you for starting this thread, as I was considering the same question not too long ago. I am liking the KP for all the reasons stated above.

13. :heart::heart::heart: KP, KP, KP, KP :heart::heart::heart:

14. I think the kelly elan is very chic looking -- love the long style

15. Kelly Pochette :smile: