Hermes Miami (Design District)

juliet827

Jan 18, 2013
The new Miami Hermes is now open - very exciting. It's been open about a week and I haven't had a chance to go but will this week. Has anyone been? The Bal Harbor store (which was tiny and I never liked much) closed last December, and the new one (which will replace the BH store) looks lovely - two stories, a real store. I will report back and would love to hear if anyone has been yet. :smile:

The new Miami Hermes is now open - very exciting. It's been open about a week and I haven't had a chance to go but will this week. Has anyone been? The Bal Harbor store (which was tiny and I never liked much) closed last December, and the new one (which will replace the BH store) looks lovely - two stories, a real store. I will report back and would love to hear if anyone has been yet. :smile:

Can't wait to hear. That old store was awful to shop in, at least for me.

Cool, can't wait to check it out the next time I visit SOBE. Thanks for the intel

Can't wait to hear. That old store was awful to shop in, at least for me.

Service was completely hit or miss in that Bal Harbor store. Was consistently good years ago, but not in recent times. Do hope the move has reenergized and inspired the staff, or perhaps they have "cleaned house??" Looking forward to hearing all about it!

What fun, a whole new store! Does anyone know if a special edition scarf was issused to commemorate the opening?

I can ask! I'll do my recon mission Thurs or Fri and report back! I'm thinking that since it's a new (and kind of a flagship) store they'll have good inventory. I'll do my best to stake it out!

I can ask! I'll do my recon mission Thurs or Fri and report back! I'm thinking that since it's a new (and kind of a flagship) store they'll have good inventory. I'll do my best to stake it out!

Last time I was in the BH store (end of Jan), they said they were moving to a temporary location for approx 18 months until the actual store is ready :sad: So, it may be awhile before we get to see the beautiful 2 story H, but if you find out otherwise, please let us know! I'm planning another trip, but not until the end of this month.

Last time I was in the BH store (end of Jan), they said they were moving to a temporary location for approx 18 months until the actual store is ready :sad: So, it may be awhile before we get to see the beautiful 2 story H, but if you find out otherwise, please let us know! I'm planning another trip, but not until the end of this month.

Well, I know -- I'd heard that too, but I drove by the store Sunday and it's a beautiful, two-story store, right across from (all these stores are new) Prada and LV, and next to Celine and a Louboutin boutique, so I'm thinking that this is the permanent location.

I think I have to go tomorrow - dying to see it and scope it out in detail!

That would be awesome, thanks. Hope you find plenty of lovely things to tempt you!!

Me too! I will report back as much as I can remember. I'm hoping to meet some of the SAs and that they are less formal/stodgy than the Bal Harbor staff. The Design District is new and young and hip, so I'm hoping that the staff will have been hired accordingly. I'm going to try to go tomorrow morning!

I hope that is the new permanent location...if so, they are in great spot with the other retailers. However, may become more of a 'problem' for us with that many fab stores so close! :graucho:

Hi! Did you wind up visiting the new boutique? If so, what did you think? Can't wait to hear:smile:

Hi! Did you wind up visiting the new boutique? If so, what did you think? Can't wait to hear:smile:

I'm going to go tomorrow! I meant to go early in the week but just too many little things with my kids. I will report back - going in the morning.

I'm not well-versed on names of scarves or anything but I will report to the best of my ability on the rest. What I'm really hoping is that they'll have a craftsperson in-house but not going to get my hopes up. But it's a big store, two stories and very sprawling. I'm pretty sure this is the permanent location - it's beautiful and right across from Prada in a prime location in the Design District.

Any requests? I will hopefully be back tomorrow evening with some intel.:smile:

Reporting back from the Miami store!

-This IS the temporary location (I was wrong). The new store, due to open in 18 months, will be a few blocks away. Apparently the Prada, LV and Louboutin stores on the same block are also temporary - all waiting for construction to be completed on the permanent stores a few blocks away.

-One floor (I was wrong again - looked like two from the street). Basically, this is the Bal Harbor store moved to a new location. Similar in size and inventory. The new store will be much bigger, they say.

-The new store MAY have a craftsperson (staff seemed very excited by this; I hope it's true).

-Some of the same salespeople from the BH store.

-Inventory:

lots of casual RTW, bathing suits, cover-ups, beachy clothing.
-the usual enamel bracelets, KDT bracelets, one (non-exotic) CDC, array of silk and cashmere scarves

Jumping boots in stock, both brown and black

A Picotin and one Lindy on display. Some Garden Partys, Double Sens, a Steeple, some canvas beach bags. All gold, cafe, beige (clay?), earth tones. I felt like I was on the website, I hate to say it.
I got the sense that they are low on inventory, and that a lot of it is just transferred from the BH store. But I'll bet that when the big new store opens they'll have a huge shipment of new stuff, including bags.

I worked with a lovely saleswoman named Yeni (Jenny). It took a few minutes for her to warm up to me, as I wasn't a familiar face or Bal Harbor customer, but she did warm up and was very sweet. I did not ask outright for Birkins or Kellys - I was too shy. But eventually the conversation turned to things I was looking for, and since I'm very specific about size (30 cm for a Birkin, 28 cm for a Kelly, and PHW for both) and colors, she wrote down info when I paid and said they might have to request a Kelly that size at the next PO, as they usually get only 32's. She said she would be on the lookout for a 30 cm B too, but that they mainly get the 35 and 30's are rare. Whether they had any 35cm B's in the back I don't know - I didn't ask directly.

Did I buy anything? Well….yes. We were talking about colors as I looked at scarves in the blue tones and I said that I was in love with Bleu Orage, such a beautiful, parisian blue. So she went into the back….

I never ever thought I'd buy an Evelyne. Never saw the appeal. But I tried it on and LOVED it. So light, so flat (I got the PM size) and much more chic than I'd ever thought. Great alternative to my B's and K's, and easy on the pocketbook. I'm in love with it, especially the color.

Attachments

• photo-44.JPG
    photo-44.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,041
  • evfront.JPG
    evfront.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,994
  • evback.JPG
    evback.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • evme.JPG
    evme.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 2,036
  • evdark.JPG
    evdark.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,057
Last edited:
Reporting back from the Miami store!

-This IS the temporary location (I was wrong). The new store, due to open in 18 months, will be a few blocks away. Apparently the Prada, LV and Louboutin stores on the same block are also temporary - all waiting for construction to be completed on the permanent stores a few blocks away.

-One floor (I was wrong again - looked like two from the street). Basically, this is the Bal Harbor store moved to a new location. Similar in size and inventory. The new store will be much bigger, they say.

-The new store MAY have a craftsperson (staff seemed very excited by this; I hope it's true).

-Some of the same salespeople from the BH store.

-Inventory:

lots of casual RTW, bathing suits, cover-ups, beachy clothing.
-the usual enamel bracelets, KDT bracelets, one (non-exotic) CDC, array of silk and cashmere scarves

Jumping boots in stock, both brown and black

A Picotin and one Lindy on display. Some Garden Partys, Double Sens, a Steeple, some canvas beach bags. All gold, cafe, beige (clay?), earth tones. I felt like I was on the website, I hate to say it.
I got the sense that they are low on inventory, and that a lot of it is just transferred from the BH store. But I'll bet that when the big new store opens they'll have a huge shipment of new stuff, including bags.

I worked with a lovely saleswoman named Yeni (Jenny). It took a few minutes for her to warm up to me, as I wasn't a familiar face or Bal Harbor customer, but she did warm up and was very sweet. I did not ask outright for Birkins or Kellys - I was too shy. But eventually the conversation turned to things I was looking for, and since I'm very specific about size (30 cm for a Birkin, 28 cm for a Kelly, and PHW for both) and colors, she wrote down info when I paid and said they might have to request a Kelly that size at the next PO, as they usually get only 32's. She said she would be on the lookout for a 30 cm B too, but that they mainly get the 35 and 30's are rare. Whether they had any 35cm B's in the back I don't know - I didn't ask directly.

Did I buy anything? Well….yes. We were talking about colors as I looked at scarves in the blue tones and I said that I was in love with Bleu Orage, such a beautiful, parisian blue. So she went into the back….

I never ever thought I'd buy an Evelyne. Never saw the appeal. But I tried it on and LOVED it. So light, so flat (I got the PM size) and much more chic than I'd ever thought. Great alternative to my B's and K's, and easy on the pocketbook. I'm in love with it, especially the color.

Congrats on the Evelyne! Looks great on you!! My local store has the same "issue" with getting mostly big bags (Kelly 32 or 35 and Birkin 35). I am looking for a Kelly 25 or 28 and it's been really frustrating.

Congrats on the Evelyne! Looks great on you!! My local store has the same "issue" with getting mostly big bags (Kelly 32 or 35 and Birkin 35). I am looking for a Kelly 25 or 28 and it's been really frustrating.

Thank you so much! And I know, it's really frustrating. The SA said that everyone wants the bigger sizes. I was in there with my 30 B and both SA's agreed that a 35 would be way too big for my frame. But it was nice that she seemed encouraging about going to podium and requesting one for me.
I'd love a Kelly 25 too for evening but have never seen one in a store or been offered one. Even my 30 B's I had to wait months for.