Hermes melbourne~

Hi, I am hoping to get some insights about my circumstances, since I live in a state where there are no Hermes boutiques, and quite find it difficult to start and build a relationship with an SA. I frequently visit Melbourne and looking to meet an SA that could hopefully get my foot on the door and eventually get an offer. I am just unsure if I could make my small purchases through that SA get it shipped to my address, but mind you I would be more than willing to fly to Melb if I can finally get an offer. But might be such a long shot, don’t you think?

hello All ! Can anyone post what the current spend ratio is for a Birkin 30/Kelly 28 at Melbourne stores (neutral colors) Thanks.
From what my SA told me - around 25k in a year in store (for me but because my SA also knows my arm extends to overseas Hermes where my other home is), excluding any purchase of leather bags. As for neutral colors …your wait may be very long.

Reactions: CrazyCool01
Hi, I am hoping to get some insights about my circumstances, since I live in a state where there are no Hermes boutiques, and quite find it difficult to start and build a relationship with an SA. I frequently visit Melbourne and looking to meet an SA that could hopefully get my foot on the door and eventually get an offer. I am just unsure if I could make my small purchases through that SA get it shipped to my address, but mind you I would be more than willing to fly to Melb if I can finally get an offer. But might be such a long shot, don’t you think?
I think it’s a waste of time frankly but that’s my opinion.

The customers I’ve seen in Hermes Collin St - one ordered twenty AirTags at a go in 5 minutes. The most extreme, a lady ordering a jewellery studded watch around 600k AUD during the watch event in store.

So it depends on how ‘small’ your purchases are - small fine jewellery like Chaine d'ancre Divine bracelet in rose gold and diamonds, maybe it will work, but for a ‘small’ purchase costing less than 2k, Hermes would not blink an eye.

You might as well try the Hermes Paris leather lotto.

Enjoy Paris, see the Hermes in their home ground and raffle for a chance there. Besides there are also other brands in Paris with the good stuff which we never see in Australia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 336 and addiCCted
I think it's just best to communicate that with theSA and ask, see if shipping is feasible. It's discrimination if your eventual spend doesn't count just cos you live interstate or rural. Hermes should know that Australia isn't just Sydney and Melbourne with a bit of Queensland (would be nice if Melb and Qld got Hermes Fit and Petit H, other exciting popups! ).

I asked for my rural friend about buying a bag when theyre in Melbourne. H Collins said best is to call the store directly to book an appointment. That will get you started with an SA and you can see how it goes from there. The Collins SAs are generally very nice. I am not in bag territory so can't say about experience for myself buying a bag.

Agree as well with the Paris lottery if you are lucky enough to be able to get there readily. Good luck :smile:

I think it’s a waste of time frankly but that’s my opinion.

The customers I’ve seen in Hermes Collin St - one ordered twenty AirTags at a go in 5 minutes. The most extreme, a lady ordering a jewellery studded watch around 600k AUD during the watch event in store.

So it depends on how ‘small’ your purchases are - small fine jewellery like Chaine d'ancre Divine bracelet in rose gold and diamonds, maybe it will work, but for a ‘small’ purchase costing less than 2k, Hermes would not blink an eye.

You might as well try the Hermes Paris leather lotto.

Enjoy Paris, see the Hermes in their home ground and raffle for a chance there. Besides there are also other brands in Paris with the good stuff which we never see in Australia.
Thank you for the insight. Appreciate it.
I am more than interested in purchasing all other Hermes products, i.e. non quota bags, jewelry, watches, home stuff. What I really meant with ‘small’ was anything other than quota bags.

It’s just my geographical location that makes me wonder how I will go in building a relationship with an SA. Anyway, I am going in Paris for my birthday, and hopefully have my luck.

I think it's just best to communicate that with theSA and ask, see if shipping is feasible. It's discrimination if your eventual spend doesn't count just cos you live interstate or rural. Hermes should know that Australia isn't just Sydney and Melbourne with a bit of Queensland (would be nice if Melb and Qld got Hermes Fit and Petit H, other exciting popups! ).

I asked for my rural friend about buying a bag when theyre in Melbourne. H Collins said best is to call the store directly to book an appointment. That will get you started with an SA and you can see how it goes from there. The Collins SAs are generally very nice. I am not in bag territory so can't say about experience for myself buying a bag.

Agree as well with the Paris lottery if you are lucky enough to be able to get there readily. Good luck :smile:
Thank you for the advise. I will be in Melbourne this month and will try and book an appointment.

In saying that, I will also be in Paris for my birthday, will update here if I got any luck

• Love
Reactions: bagsamplified
Thank you for the insight. Appreciate it.
I am more than interested in purchasing all other Hermes products, i.e. non quota bags, jewelry, watches, home stuff. What I really meant with ‘small’ was anything other than quota bags.

It’s just my geographical location that makes me wonder how I will go in building a relationship with an SA. Anyway, I am going in Paris for my birthday, and hopefully have my luck.

Tip: seems like most non-quota bags and I think the wallets , especially leather (including herbag), don’t add to the ‘spend‘ to qualify for a quota bag (if that‘s the offer you are referring to). So even if you get a bolide or an Evelyn, the value of those don’t add to the spend in Hermes for a quota bag.

Save your cash for Paris because you can get VAT refund and Hermes is cheaper there. Other than FSH, the one at Rue de Sevres is worth looking at.

Good luck.

We too are living in a state where there's no Hermès store but we do travel to Melbourne regularly throughout the year. We've been with the city store for years and they've always sent our purchases home for us, regardless whether we shop remotely or in person.

A friend of mine also visited the city store recently and was able to have her shopping sent home.

I'll say though that's highly at the discretion of the store, hope this helps.

Hi,

Seeking for your opinions,

I wonder is it easy to purchase a not so desirable QB such as K35 or K32 or B35 in neutral colour in Melb (Chadstone or Collins)?
Can I buy without much pre-spend?

TIA

Hi,

Seeking for your opinions,

I wonder is it easy to purchase a not so desirable QB such as K35 or K32 or B35 in neutral colour in Melb (Chadstone or Collins)?
Can I buy without much pre-spend?

TIA
From my personal experience, it’s not hard to get a bigger size QB if you’re already have a profile with them. Once a friend of mine accompanied me to the store and asked my SA if there’s any chance he could get a K35 or K40 with some spending. My SA was quite direct and told my friend that because my friend never has a profile here, so it’s impossible to get the QB under a new profile and if my friend really wants the bag fast, the bag has to be released under my profile and the pre spending for my friend won’t be a low amount as because he’s a new customer.

Reactions: MelbVsSyd and P4d1
I came on here to provide information on how to get an H bag because I saw so many people come in wasting time and money when it's not particularly difficult once you know how.

I have provided valuable information

-Find an SA you like and want to work with long-term
-Don't buy if you don't like the SA - you may need to work with them for awhile
-Once you find an SA you like immediately request their details and contact them. This way you are on their client list.
-Spend over several categories
-Spend $20,000 for a quota bag
-Spend about $3,000 - $15,000 for a not quota bag
1. Are there higher pre-spend requirements or longer wait times for neutral colors QB in popular sizes?
>> How long is an average waiting time?
>> Is there a spending ratio or length of wait time you will say that I should consider jumping to another SA or speaking to SM?

2. Heard some rumors about sellier birkins are no longer being made, is that true?

Background:
Given how often SAs get pestered by customers about BKCs, I haven't really brought the topic up since I placed my wish.

I have exceeded my pre-spend for a few months(around 2.5-3:1 across multiple categories. Yes, that's not counting non-BKC bags). However, haven't heard anything from my SA...

1. Are there higher pre-spend requirements or longer wait times for neutral colors QB in popular sizes?
>> How long is an average waiting time?
>> Is there a spending ratio or length of wait time you will say that I should consider jumping to another SA or speaking to SM?

2. Heard some rumors about sellier birkins are no longer being made, is that true?

Background:
Given how often SAs get pestered by customers about BKCs, I haven't really brought the topic up since I placed my wish.

I have exceeded my pre-spend for a few months(around 2.5-3:1 across multiple categories. Yes, that's not counting non-BKC bags). However, haven't heard anything from my SA...
Have you gotten a bag yet ? Maybe the pre spend or wait is higher for a 2nd or 3rd quota bag. I feel like trying but not sure if I should just go straight to a reseller.