Hermes Madrid

Sep 5, 2006
Ladies, I'm still new and getting the hang of this.. so please if you have any recommendations.. let me know.. but I thought this merits a thread unless there's a special place in the PF for this..

H bags sell so quick I figure I should post this ASAP.
I was just at the Madrid store.. if anyone's traveling..
there's :
-the MOST beautiful - total Grace Kelly type- Toile & cuir Kelly bag in that white leather toile H combo ( think it was a 32cm) - I have it in a Birkin, I LOVE that combo !!

(BTW I was so floored by everything they had I can't remember all and they wouldn't let me take pics... have to get one of those phones with a camera next time:graucho: )

-a Black 35 cm Birkin in a totally new leather called Swift- which to the old timers like myself who remember it, is like a resurected Gulliver- I LOVE gulliver BUt already own a Black 35 cm Birkin in Togo so it's overkill.. and I resited buying it.

- a Rouge H Birkin 35 too- just like the one Jodie Foster had in "the Inside Man" except hers was gold hdw, and this one's silver.
-a blue jean travel size Birkin - soooo cool! But you'd need your SO or DH to carry it for you:graucho: , prob. very heavy

- the most GORGEOUS Black Croc HAC!!:heart: A big one too.. looked like a 36 cm or something! I didn't ask...

- Plumes Galore.. they had a white one with I think it was Blue jean trim around it.. as I said.. you know how you cna get dizzy at hermes when they have nice things? ok, that was the situation.. I was giddy & tired.. and couldn't see straigh with so many great peices!!!:supacool:
OH and the best part was the window!!!! ( again I regret not having a camera- for all Kelly fans, they had this Ferris Wheel with a different pastel colored Kelly hanging on each level of the wheel. SO pretty!!!!)

Anyway I placed an order- bought some RTW and resisted buying a bag since they were all pretty close to things I already own.. but I wanted to share it with the PF.

That's what we do here right? :s As I said, I'm new.. so please counsel me.

Oh, and then the Airport Hermes stand had THE most beautiful Trim!! OMG it was one of those two tone, toile & Cuir ones looked like a 31cm YUM! Love toile & cuir, and they had a coupld of Plumes too.. but at that point I was late for m y flight and literally RUNNNNING to the gate.

oooooohhhhhhh, my friend just came back from spain and got herself a new birkin 35 in that white leather/toile combo with PH (like your's). and that's the kelly version that's left there!

that store does have a lot of kelly/birkins running around......while she was there (about 3 wks ago) there also was the taupe one (etoupe?) birkin bought by someone else.

madrid H fans, better rush in!

LucyInTheStars said:
Ladies, I'm still new and getting the hang of this.. so please if you have any recommendations.. let me know.. but I thought this merits a thread unless there's a special place in the PF for this..

H bags sell so quick I figure I should post this ASAP.
I was just at the Madrid store.. if anyone's traveling..
there's :
-the MOST beautiful - total Grace Kelly type- Toile & cuir Kelly bag in that white leather toile H combo ( think it was a 32cm) - I have it in a Birkin, I LOVE that combo !!

(BTW I was so floored by everything they had I can't remember all and they wouldn't let me take pics... have to get one of those phones with a camera next time:graucho: )

-a Black 35 cm Birkin in a totally new leather called Swift- which to the old timers like myself who remember it, is like a resurected Gulliver- I LOVE gulliver BUt already own a Black 35 cm Birkin in Togo so it's overkill.. and I resited buying it.

- a Rouge H Birkin 35 too- just like the one Jodie Foster had in "the Inside Man" except hers was gold hdw, and this one's silver.
-a blue jean travel size Birkin - soooo cool! But you'd need your SO or DH to carry it for you:graucho: , prob. very heavy

- the most GORGEOUS Black Croc HAC!!:heart: A big one too.. looked like a 36 cm or something! I didn't ask...

- Plumes Galore.. they had a white one with I think it was Blue jean trim around it.. as I said.. you know how you cna get dizzy at hermes when they have nice things? ok, that was the situation.. I was giddy & tired.. and couldn't see straigh with so many great peices!!!:supacool:
OH and the best part was the window!!!! ( again I regret not having a camera- for all Kelly fans, they had this Ferris Wheel with a different pastel colored Kelly hanging on each level of the wheel. SO pretty!!!!)

Anyway I placed an order- bought some RTW and resisted buying a bag since they were all pretty close to things I already own.. but I wanted to share it with the PF.

That's what we do here right? :s As I said, I'm new.. so please counsel me.

Oh, and then the Airport Hermes stand had THE most beautiful Trim!! OMG it was one of those two tone, toile & Cuir ones looked like a 31cm YUM! Love toile & cuir, and they had a coupld of Plumes too.. but at that point I was late for m y flight and literally RUNNNNING to the gate.

thanks for the report!!! I WISH I WAS IN MADRID! i would totally buy that birkin! =/ how much does it cost there?

any black box souple kelly bags in 25 with gold hardware?:nuts: :nuts:
if yes, you just tell them to tuck it aside - my dh is going there next week.
(no, i'm not technically ready, but hoping that dh would be foolish and impulse if the perfect bag were right in front of him:graucho:)

Oh, how exciting! I will be in Madrid in November...hope inventory remains impressive! Just told DH that I would not be able to leave town without that Rouge Birkin...he is now nervous about Madrid. LOL...

I wonder if I told my husband I was just going out to get some...olives..he'd be suspicious if I took my passport along and came back a week later with a new Birkin (and of course some spanish olives)

callmelulu said:
I wonder if I told my husband I was just going out to get some...olives..he'd be suspicious if I took my passport along and came back a week later with a new Birkin (and of course some spanish olives)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cute! Don't forget your credit card!

Ladies, I'm in Madrid for a long weekend and this report is delivered from my bed at 10:30 am local time, after having gone to bed at 6:30 am (yes, life starts at midnight here!) So apologies for any typos etc, but this is a duty I take seriously no matter how much my feet hurt from an all-nighter!

Went to the H store yesterday and tried on a gazillion things. The inventory here is incredible, like ten times what we have in London, if not more.

Among the things I've tried were a large clemence picotin white, medium nero, small white (with blue jean handles), and small etoupe. I adored the medium size and it looked stunning in white for summer and etoupe for all seasons. I only have one H bag at the moment and a picotin will be my third order after my second purchase, which will be another Birkin...or so I thought!...

I tried on an incredible white swift 35cm Kelly and the bag was totally me. I always saw Kelly as a formalish bag, something I might go for after I turn 40 (which is fairly soon!). But in this leather and size, it is exactly my style, something I can wear day in day out. As gorgeous as white was, I know I wouldn't be able to maintain it, especially the autumn/winter season. The large size made it look perfect for casual use as well and now I am considering ordering it in blue jean or etoupe. Any feedback on the swift leather would be greatly appreciated. This bag was around EUR4200 for price comparison purposes. I will be in Paris from Tuesday and will certainly be reporting in the selection/prices from there too.

I also tried on a gorgeous 28cm orange Kelly, a 32cm hard leather in gold and a gold 30 and 35cm Birkin (not sure if the Birkins were gold, they were a light brown colour, I'm still catching up). The SA was super impressed I knew the names of the styles though! They also had a fairly large selection of all the other bags, I coud not believe it!

Anyways, I'll add on anything else I remember a bit later on - need another hour's sleep! Btw, LV is all the rage here, I haven't had any wildlife H sightings, which really pleases me.

Adios and besitos

Yeah Ebruo - have a great time in Spain and muchos gratias for the report. I remember the good ol' days when the nightlife started after midnight and I got to bed a 0630..... now my dear children wake me about then :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about gay Paris......