Hermes lovers favorite things?

I just check the advanced pastry checf Vol. 2 is by Friberg? The Books by Jean-georges is Asian Flavors of Jean-Georges, Sweet Spot : Asian-Inspired Desserts, Jean-Georges : Cooking at Home with a Four-Star Chef, Simple to Spectacular : How to Take One Basic Recipe to Four Levels of Sophistication, and Simple Cuisine : Easy Recipes for Four-Star Food. (KWIM??):confused1: I'm sorry don't understand I just got my computer a couple of months ago so not familiar with all terms yet:shame:
Yep, it's by Frieberg. Great book! OK, I just checked Amazon, and the Jean-Georges book is called "Cooking at Home with a Four Star Chef". Great book also!!!

Ooooo, everyone has great ideas! I love great coats too, Hermesaholic.

Fesdu, I like funny people, too. The entire brood is a pack of pranksters. Like Rockerchic, I have a collection of tank tops in every color. And the reason you can't wear DVF wrap dresses is because you're so tiny!!! Ms. Jade, I haven't been to a Trader Joe's in ages, but put me in a gourmet grocery store and I go hog wild!!!!

Nope it's my overabundance of booty and underabundace of cleavage.:crybaby:

Also I reread my thread and I don't know what I was trying to say about boots:confused1:...I meant that you need every style of black boot from ankle boot to knee, flat to heels, zip up, pull up and lace up...

AND, clearly there are a lot of things on my list that don't fall into the "not ultraexpensive"...at first I was just going to put my finds down (like the limited pant and the h&m wrap dress but obviously then I added some of my favorite splurges!

...and I hadn't even been drinking yet!

Like others have said--Trader Joes and H&M dresses.

Other things--
Hanky panky thongs
Old navy tank tops
Pants from Lucy
Patagonia fleece
Dansko clogs
Bare escentuals cosmetics
Fekkai glossing cream
Diet coke
Dark chocolate milky ways (I can't even buy them because I eat them too fast)

Great thread!!

1) Good food (doesn't have to be fancy but I do like a classical French meal)
2) Cheeses (artisanal, obscure...)
3) Stationery (am into G. Lalo right now) Must have pretty stationery to write thank-you notes to my SAs
4) Diamonds (I don't have many but I like the ones I have)
5) Manolo Blahnik (He is the master of a well-balanced shoe that is more comfortable than it looks)
6) One pair of Louboutins, "Miss Titck"--best all-purpose shoe, ever
7) My $9.99 stretch scoop neck Target T-shirts (Merona brand) that I wear almost every day, including to work ($7.99 on sale)
8) Black fitted Chanel jacket
9) J. Crew cafe capris and matchstick jeans
10) Laduree macarons
11) Nice, high-thread count, 100% cotton bedding

How could I forget the Merona t-shirts from target? They are the best...I get them in bulk while I'm there --in black and white, scoop and vneck-- and wear them under everything.

ck21--Hanky Panky thongs are the best
Also I am a Diet coke fanatic. No pepsi for me.
Hmmm, other things...
Vanilla Swiss Almond Hagan Daas
Milk duds
Crackerjacks
Michelob Ultra ( my diet beer)

Oh, Love this thread! Let's see....things have changed a little in the last year or so....hmmmmm....

I have a passion for design, fashion and cook books (need a dang library to house them all....)
Collect 18th and early 19th century jewelery including coral strands which I adore mixed with pearls.....
Stacked rings (I wear my Mothers and Grandmothers wedding and engagement rings together in memorium)....
Layers of tanks/t-shirts.....
I seem to accumulate leather jackets.....
LOVE AG jeans which fit my aging booty really well.....
Boots, boots, boots....flat boots, biker boots, high-heel boots
Fine cashmere....
FAB white shirts with detail....
Those ultra-thin, long-sleeved t's from Target....
Sushi....
Italian Wine......
Home-made pasta....
Period films.....
Foreign films....
Anything Pixar!

Holy Hell this list can go on and on........:Push:

While Hermes is my primary indulgence, my other favorites include:
-my black trench
-a vintage-looking Hanni Y coat I own
-AG jeans (can't do 7's either)
-Fresh bath products (love their Lychee Sugar Bath Cubes and Nectarine Milk Bath Gel)
-Pearl studs
-In N'Out burgers and good sushi; Grand Sichuan in Chelsea for their soup dumplings and shrimp toast
-Chanel ballerina flats and Louboutin pumps/wedges
-my MacBook and iPod
-Bose QC3 headphones (thanks HG for letting me try them on)
-seeing Yo-Yo Ma perform whenever he is in town
-good Osetra caviar and Godiva chocolate covered strawberries

S'Mom!!! Your list freaked me out a little bit - are you my long lost twin?!:nuts:

I have a passion for cook books.....
Layers of tanks/t-shirts.....
I seem to accumulate leather jackets.....
Boots, boots, boots....flat boots, biker boots, high-heel boots
Fine cashmere....
FAB white shirts with detail....
Sushi....
Italian Wine......
Home-made pasta....
Period films.....
Foreign films....
Anything Pixar!

Ditto to ALL of the above +

Minor league hockey (nothing beats watching 10 year old kids play the game and road trips are so much fun :tup:)
Jeans (I don't think I can ever have too many?!)
Skiing
Pepsi
Chopped liver :wlae:

How fun!

1. Champagne (esp. rose')
  2. smuggled foreign delicious foods (raw milk Cheeses, scottish smoked salmon, jamon iberico,foie gras, caviar)
  3. Chocolate--DeBauve et Gallais is incomparable, teuscher champagne truffles are quite fab as well
  4. Pearls--akoya, southsea, etc.
  5. Stationery--Dempsey & Caroll or Smythson
  6. good pens (from montblanc toRotring
  7. french quadrille lined notebooks
  8. roger vivier shoes
  9. jimmy choo boots
  10. manolo shoes
  11. madova gloves (from Florence)
  12. Alain Figaret shirts
  13. Courreges dresses/suits
  14. cupcakes (sprinkles mix, made with my 3 year old)
  15. Porthault or Yves Delorme sheets
  16. fluffy comforters
  17. sunset at the beach
  18. a great grilled burger
  19. anything alligator or rose gold
  20. Chanel clothing
  21. ok...this is too long

How fun!

1. Champagne (esp. rose')
  2. smuggled foreign delicious foods (raw milk Cheeses, scottish smoked salmon, jamon iberico,foie gras, caviar)
  3. Chocolate--DeBauve et Gallais is incomparable, teuscher champagne truffles are quite fab as well
  4. Pearls--akoya, southsea, etc.
  5. Stationery--Dempsey & Caroll or Smythson
  6. good pens (from montblanc toRotring
  7. french quadrille lined notebooks
  8. roger vivier shoes
  9. jimmy choo boots
  10. manolo shoes
  11. madova gloves (from Florence)
  12. Alain Figaret shirts
  13. Courreges dresses/suits
  14. cupcakes (sprinkles mix, made with my 3 year old)
  15. Porthault or Yves Delorme sheets
  16. fluffy comforters
  17. sunset at the beach
  18. a great grilled burger
  19. anything alligator or rose gold
  20. Chanel clothing
  21. ok...this is too long

Audrey I think I love you!

Julide, you need to take a look at "The Advanced Professional Pastry Chef". Great pictorials on technique. I have both of Thomas Keller's cookbooks and enjoy them. You should look at Jean-Georges Vongerichten's books as well. Some of his recipes are divine in their simplicity, but the results were amazing! And you must have a lot of patience to own copper pots!!!!

I think you will love [SIZE=-1]Ferran Adria's cook book too! It's HUGE and comes with a photo CD! I love Thomas Keller's French Laundry cookbook...the pictures are mouth-watering...:drool:[/SIZE]

ok i am obsessed with

- jewellery is my main addiction(diamonds, rubys pearls, emeralds, fancy diamonds etc love especially the designs of cartier, van cleef ,schreiner, moussaieff , leviev , chopard graff and degrisogono sometimes boucheron)
- black and white (98%of my wardrobe is black or white witht the rest beeing gray and neutrals)
- colorful bags
- have a soft spot for the color rose/pink
- exotic skins and furs (not only for fashion but love them used in interior design)
- interior design (love phillpe starck, pilati, and alberto pinto: overall think versailles meeting starship enterprise lol)
- furniture/accessoires by edra,tord boontje, marten baas, fendi casa, baccarat
- lingerie by la perla , agent provocateur
- love cashmere (loro piana, H and Malo)
- love hermès,dolce&gabbana, chanel, ann dem, akris, jil sander, gaultier and saab for clothing fendi for furs
- white shirts (button down, tanks, tunics etc)
- frette,porthault linens
- evian water
- art by jeff koons, tamara de lempicka
- high heels or flats no in-betweens
- skin care/make-up by la prairie (love their caviar foundaton)chanel and mac
- red lipsticks (i always either go heavy eye make-up + nothing else or very pure + red lipstick