Hermes lost my birkin!!

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
A month or two ago I dropped off two black birkins at my boutique to be sent for spa treatment. One was a clemance that was in great condition but had never had a spa treatment. The other was my beloved box which I used quite regularly and while careful, showed the need for a spa treatment.

I received a call a couple of weeks ago that the box was back but not the other. I thought it odd since the box needed more attention IMHO than the clemance. I didn't get to the boutique since it is a bit of a drive and I've been over the top busy this spring.

Finally this morning I stopped to get the box bag as I wanted to use it this weekend. My usual SA wasn't there but another nice one was that I knew. I mentioned that I was there for my bag. We talked enamels a bit and he went to see about a bracelet. During this time the SM came out with what looked like my box bag -- she's a sweetie but this is not her usual job so I didn't pay her much attention.

She called me over and said that my other bag had been lost! She said that she did not have any details of the circumstances.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

OMG, Thats terrible, my first thought would be "and what have you done about it?" I would have thought that H would at least have the decency to give you an explanation as to what they had done to try and find it and secondly what they are doing to rectify the situation. I hope they also give you something as a gesture of goodwill in addition to replacing your bag

Oooo my GOD!!!!!! Well I guess they have to do something about it a replacement something and then something !!!!!!!! Wow this incredible !!!! But........how odd.:?::tdown:

Oh my, that's terrible! I can understand this must be very stressful for you. But I'm sure they are going to help you with this. In case it's really lost, I'm sure they'll find a replacement for you :hugs::flowers:.
Good luck and please keep us posted!

That is awful!!! What did the SM say about replacement options? Are they still waiting to see if they can find it or have they given up completely? Sending :hugs:

Wow this is awful I'm so sorry! :hugs:

Too much of a coincidence if you ask me. I would bet money that there is someone inside Hermes stealing these bags...

Anyways, judging from the other poster's story, it looks like you will be compensated if they cannot find it. Keep us posted! :flowers:

Hermes, of course, has been embarrassed & the SM was terribly apologetic. She was given the ok to offer me another black clemance birkin with gold hardware. I'm just glad it was not my boxcalf.

Since I didn't use the clemance birkins much I asked if I could change leathers. My SM said that would be ok if I paid the difference for any higher leather & it looks as though I'll have to use what the store has, i.e., no orders.

I just really wonder what happened? I also wonder whether they have a story that is not to be told to the customer? I asked was it accidently damaged or destroyed and all I got in answer was lost -- odd.

OMG how bizarre, I'm sure this must be a really unusual situation given the price point of their items. I hope you get your Birkin replaced soon with whatever you decide.

Sounds iffy to me. Poor you. At least it is a replaceable bag. You sound very calm about it. I would have had a complete hissy fit, I am embarrassed to admit. I really hope you get compensated with a new bag and some extras.

I'm really feeling, I don't know, ok, only because it was not my fav bag. If it had been another, then that would be another story. I just wonder about the whole thing . . . . It seems so odd and with so little information given.

I've taken lots of bags for spa visits without mishap so I hope this is a very very rare incident, whatever it was.

Thanks S'mom, Bababebi, Ms. Birkin, Birkel, *Chanel*, Fendibbag, Fresh Lillies, Creme Fraiche, Syma, Handbag 1234 & CristyMarie for your kind words.