Hermès lindy damage from humidity? Help

kulu808

Feb 28, 2019
I purchased a pre loved lindy from a reputable seller, had pictures authenticated by 2 other online Authenticators= both proven real. However when I received the bag, the Hermès logo stamp ( made in France) looks like it’s rubbing off, and the hardware where the nails are , are rough and sharp. None of my other Hermès bags are like that- always super smooth,perfect craftsmanship.
Apparently it’s due to use, humidity, poor storage? Anyone else have this issue in the hardware nails?

How can I fix this? Don’t really want to take to Hermès spa and part with my bag 6-8 months

Graw

Aug 26, 2011
I am sorry this happen to you. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

MissIn

Jul 11, 2013
H-Land
I wonder if it has anything to do with the sticker being left on a long time and eventually when the previous owner took it off some of the plastic stuck to the hardware creating the roughness.

Reactions: Mimi-2020

WhiteBus

Nov 23, 2020
Reputable seller or not, have you had it authenticated from your photograph?
If you are then cofident that it is genuine, take it to Hermes and ask for an assessment.
Depending on where you are, there might be an in-store artisan who can give an immediate opinion.
If it has to be sent away, just accept that that is the case.
You are concerned about the bag now; that concern will not go away until it is addressed.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags