Hermes Lindy 30 in Bougainvillea..

nicholle

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
Hi ladies,

i am new to hermes and i am liking the Bougainvillea color but i am not sure what is the real color since there no hermes store in the country where i live.

i searched the color reference library and saw different styles for this color. some pictures appears to be too pink while some appears to be orangey.

i hope someone can help me figure out what the real color. TIA! :smile:

i am planning to use it as a daily bag or all around bag. i am in my mid 20s so i think a poppy color will do me good :smile:

it is very difficult to capture the true colour in a photo.it depends on the time of day, camera settings etc...if you get to travel to a city with a H store, ask to see the leather swatches for the colours in different leathers and also check with the SA if they are any leather goods in the store in this colour so you get an idea...H colours also vary by the different leathers. the lindy comes in swift and clemence as far as i know and both takes colour really well.

agree with you that a pop colour for a lindy will suit you..HTH

I have a bougainville picotin in clemence leather for your reference.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1199783&d=1284055958

In clemence leather, Bougainville is a peachy/slight pinkish red. There is no orange undertone at all. I call it my cheerful red;)

I also have a Bougainville bearn wallet in chèvre Mysore leather, the color is more intense/red compared to bougainvillea in clemence.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1092006&d=1272885461

Again, bougainvillea has no orange undertone in both leathers.

Here is bougainvillea in matte croc in a Lindy 30. The type of skin / leather really does change the way the color appears.

giftchoices004.jpg

To describe it as a watermelon red would be quite accurate. It has orange undertones. The only thing is that since it is 2 years old and no longer in production, you may not find it easily.

Personally, I find it a difficult color to carry and match with anything I own. I am young too, but a truer pink or red is definitely easier for me.

Great bougainvillea pictures ladies! I do find it the hardest H color to photograph accurately but it's definitely a warm coral pink, not a cool bluish color. I adore this color, wear it with nearly everything and would buy it again in a heartbeat. The important thing is how it looks against your skin though. If you like this color in makeup and nail polish, you'll love this bag. Happy hunting!

The first picture is a Bolide in Clemence in sunlight, very close to the real color, and you can see how much darker it looks where the shadows hit:

attachment.php

The second one is taken on the same day, but inside and it looks pinker than it really is:

attachment.php

The Kelly Cut in Swift (sadly not mine) is noticeably darker and brighter and more pink/red, so I think that leather would give you more of a pop of color than clemence for a Lindy:

attachment.php

The chevre wallet is a bit darker, brighter and pinker than clemence, but not as much so as swift:

attachment.php

Attachments

• boug3.jpg
    boug3.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 4,531
  • boug1.jpg
    boug1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 5,501
  • bougainvillerkellycut.jpg
    bougainvillerkellycut.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,597
  • Jill - orange swift.jpg