Hermes-like Italian brand?

Ladies, I am totally excited that pseub is joining the ranks of the "Piero Pals!" I just received my second bag today...a day EARLY, I might add...and it is gorgeous! Angelo had it custom made for me in the HAC (32cm) size with palladium hardware. I can vouch for everyone who has said that Angelo and Nancy are absolutely amazing to work with. There is NO better customer service anywhere! And the quality is outstanding. I have returned bags to top design houses for flaws (Dior and Chloe, to name two), and I am in love with my Piero bags. I carry my black 35cm almost daily (at least until this new gem arrived for summer!) and it is just as beautiful as it was when it arrived. Here are both of my bags:

Attachments

• PToutside2resized.jpg
    PToutside2resized.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 80
  • HACfront.jpg
    HACfront.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 461
  • HACtopResized.jpg
    HACtopResized.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 70
YAY spiralsnowman!!! Did you get the soft leather or the firm leather? Please post pics when your bag arrives, too! HAC is Haut a Courries (I hope I spelled that right) and it is the original shape bag that Hermes made as a saddle bag "way back in the day" before they revamped it into what is now known as the Birkin. The HAC is 32cm whereas the standard Birkin is 35cm (although you can get different sizes), and the HAC is narrower and taller (more square) than the Birkin. See my pics...black 35cm "Birkin" type bag versus the taupe HAC 32cm. Palladium is a silvertone hardware...you can get either gold or silver tone from PieroTucci. I can't wait to see your bag!!! :yahoo:

So now it's my turn: What is a Popple? I have been wondering for a year now. LOL! :smile:

ET, I've ordered one too! (Beige w/ gold hardware). It will arrive next week. :smile:

I feel like a total dork, but what do HAC and palladium mean? I want to get my bag lingo right!

So now it's my turn: What is a Popple? I have been wondering for a year now. LOL! :smile:

Omigosh, this is so embarrassing to admit- Popples refers to an cartoon that was popular in the 1980's about colorful creatures that could "pop" in and out of a pouch on their backs. I'm such a child of the 80s; I even had llittle ace gloves w/ cut off fingertips when I was around 7 or 8 just like my idol at the time, Madonna! :P :shame:

Here's a Popple:

pc.jpg

I missed the first Pierotucci post, but after reading this and checking out the website, I want one! I'm on a purse ban though, so I'll just have to be happy for those who have ordered so far and bookmark the site for when I'm off my ban.

pseub!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to see your bag. Why were you in the hospital?

spiralsnowman, thanks for the info! So Popples are kind of like Care Bears with their own sleeping compartment? I was a big fan of Smurfs and Fraggles back in the day. :smile:

I just kind of guessed and figured I'd get what sounded like the more durable one. It's definitely a leather that is more structured and firmer, but I think it's a good choice for this bag.

Oh, I am in biiiiiiig trouble now! As someone else mentioned upthread, I've been lusting after a Kelly but there's no way I could pay H prices. The Piero bags are really pretty!