***Hermes leather ranking***

GoldLabel

Oct 26, 2010
Hi everyone, I am a bit curious how we should rank the leather of Hermes bags in term of prices and quality. As we all know, Hermes has so many different types of leather ranging from their well-know as Togo, Clemence to all their exotic leathers. Can anyone join in to give me more ideas about these leather. Thank you for your opinions

Obviously the exotics are more expensive, but I think that -- given the multitude of H addicts here -- there are too many opinions abut "ranking" them. It is personal preference for color saturation, feel/hand, etc.

My scale but this is just my imput non official
Croco porosus
Croco niloticus
Alligator
Ostrich
Lezard
Buffalo
Barenia
Box
Swift
Sikimm
Fjord
Togo
T.C
Ligge
Trekking
Epsom

And then the odd or rare exotics,
Pony
Ant eater
Beluga whale
Python

And I'm sure i'm missing many but from what I can remember this is a bit of an order ,thing is they are in price order I think but well theese are many of the existing leathers hope it helps darling !!!

In my personal order it goes

Ostrich
Croc porosus
Swift
Fjord
T.C
Togo

I personally love the odd exotic pieces and if I find one in good shape I would get it right away !!!!! Hope it helps best as always best birkel !

Croco porosus
Croco niloticus
Alligator
Ostrich
Lezard
Buffalo
Barenia
Box
Swift
Sikimm
Fjord
Togo
T.C
Ligge
Trekking
Epsom

And then the odd or rare exotics,
Pony
Ant eater
Beluga whale
Python

And I'm sure i'm missing many but from what I can remember this is a bit of an order ,thing is they are in price order I think but well theese are many of the existing leathers hope it helps darling !!!

I might add tadeladkt (sp?), vachee liegge, goat (all types, including nubuck), clemence, there is also a yummy suede.

Croco porosus
Croco niloticus
Alligator
Ostrich
Lezard
Buffalo
Barenia
Box
Swift
Sikimm
Fjord
Togo
T.C
Ligge
Trekking
Epsom

In terms of price, vache liegee is the most expensive non-exotic, epsom the "cheapest". I think fjord is closely after VL.

here you go.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...-hermes-knowledge-base-7049-9.html#post596585

let's do a list of skin prices from most expensive to least

croc porosus glazed
croc porosus matte
croc niloticus glazed
croc niloticus matte
alligator glazed
alligator matte
lizard

and then
vache liagee
chevre (mysore or coromandel?)
box
fjord
epsom
swift
togo, clemence, evergrain

I don't know exactly where to place Barenia and i would put epsom under togo, so my ranking would be:

croc porosus glazed
croc porosus matte
croc niloticus glazed
croc niloticus matte
alligator glazed
alligator matte
lizard

and then
vache liagee
chevre (mysore or coromandel?)
barenia
box