Hermès leather care instructions

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I've just found inside the pocket of my new Birkin the leather care leaflet, so I thought that it could be of interest to those who don't have one! Here goes:

"Hermès leather

A living material , leather evolves, becomes supple and acquires a patina over time with careful use. Regardless of the colour and finish of each leather, Hermès standards require the natural features of the leather- fine lines, veins and pores- to show through. This is known as "transparency". The more "transparent" a leather is, the more it improves with time.
    Leather can, however, be irreparably damaged by:
    - prolonged sun exposure, which will alter the colour;
    - alcohol (perfumes), oily products (lipstick), ink (felt and ball point) which will leave permanent marks;
    - water, which will leave opaque traces and sometimes even blisters which are very difficult to tone down.
    Each leather is the result of specific procedures and each article is crafted in a unique way. There are no global products. The best way to care for your leather accessories and articles is to wipe them with a soft, fluff-free cotton cloth, store them flat - in their felt bag if possible - away from light and heat when they are not being used and regularly entrust them to the care of our artisans for deep cleaning and repair."

HTH:flowers:

2. :winkiss: THANKS!