Hermes kelly watch help..

makeup_lover

Aug 15, 2008
Hi everybody I'm planning to buy an hermes kelly watch soon but I don't know which one to choose. I wonder should i get the single strap kelly or double strap? and should i choose stainless steel or gold plated?? and which colour should i choose... i'm interested in getting the orange (as this is hermes main colour) or black colour. and by the way will gold plated turn rusty??? sorry to ask so much, help needed. thanks :sweatdrop:

I'm probably not going to be much help really as I have an older 925 silver Kelly watch. I think strapwise it is up to you really as to personal preference and of course I can't advise re the finish, but I would just like to say that I love this watch.

hey thanks alot... i'm so in love with it. must get it soon. and may i know is it cheaper to get at the duty free airport or cheaper to get in singapore local boutique. where is cheaper to get hermes? taiwan, hongkong or singapore?:P

I'm afraid I wouldn't know as I'm in the UK and I imagine it would depend upon the tax situation and the exchange rates at the time of purchase. In my case, we do not get any "duty free" rates at airports unless we are travelling long haul outside the EU and as Sterling is rather volatile at the moment, it's difficult to say exchange rate wise too - I did warn you I would not be much help :rolleyes:

I have the kelly watch in gold - no worries about it getting rusty :smile: Also, the straps are interchangeable with these watches, so it really does not matter if you get a single or double strap. You can always buy additional straps at a later time :heart: Best of luck to you!

depends on if you what color watches you have already. If you don't have a gold color watch already, then get it in gold. I personally think the kelly watch looks fantastic in both stainless steel and gold. But if you are set on getting it with an orange strap, then I would suggest gold. Gold with orange is so chic!

hey everyone thanks alot.. anywhat know where to buy at AD in singapore? I only know local hermes boutique or dfs. any other place suggested. and now I know the strap can change.. haha. but how much does the strap cost?;)

I have the double tour band and the watch in palladium. The band is rouge H (with Pall) and the face of the watch is also rouge H. I like the idea of wearing the double bracelet. Two for one!

i need more opinion, people who have hermes kelly watch or like this watch, wanna hear your opinion. and by the way is buying hermes cheaper in hongkong or the U.S or taiwan? how much cheaper compare to singapore. :woohoo: