Hermes Kelly vs Trendy CC

Kruzer2012

Jun 20, 2020
Hey! Considering buying one of these gorgeous bags. Have several Chanel bags, and several Hermes bags, but trying to decide between the small Trendy CC and an Hermes Kelly. If you could only have one- would you choose the Hermes Kelly or the Chanel Trendy CC?

I have several classic and seasonal Chanel bags as well as several Hermes bags. While I think the trendy cc is nice (although I don’t have one), I do like the look of the Hermes Kelly more. To me, it’s very chic, elegant, and timeless.

Reactions: loh
What kind of occasion are you going for? What is your normal style?

For me I think the Trendy CC is very eye-catching and statement, but it can go well with casual outfits but it definitely stands out. Have you seen cocobeautea's instagram (https://www.instagram.com/cocobeautea/)? She often carries a Trendy CC with very casual/neutral outfits and the bag is definitely the "statement piece" of the outfit and makes it look, for lack of a better word, very "trendy".

As for the Kelly, it really depends what size and if you're planning to get sellier or retourne. If you get sellier, especially in a lighter color, I think its a similar effect to the Trendy CC. The only difference is some people who are not familiar with bags (which I feel like is actually majority of people, depending on your crowd), will have no idea what you're carrying; they'll just think "wow that bag is nice/eye-catching!", whereas if you carry the Trendy CC, it screams "I'm a Chanel!".

If you go for a retourne Kelly then its very casual and will blend in with your outfit (if its casual) for a very soft and relaxed look. However if I was carrying it as a work bag I would want something more structured, like the sellier style.

I'm over bags that have too large logos like the Trendy CC, so I wouldn't pick this one. But that's just me. I still want to buy a Chanel Coco Handle as I think its more low key.

So yeah depends on your style and what you want the bag to do for you and your outfit. Personally for me its the Kelly :smile:

Last edited:
Hey! Considering buying one of these gorgeous bags. Have several Chanel bags, and several Hermes bags, but trying to decide between the small Trendy CC and an Hermes Kelly. If you could only have one- would you choose the Hermes Kelly or the Chanel Trendy CC?
Maybe you should post the question in general handbag section to get the “fair” votes ;)