Hermes Kelly: should I get? (pics)!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi H aficionados!
    You've helped me so much already, but I'm finally ready for a Kelly - in size 28.
    I found this beauty in clemence leather but unfortunately there are press marks/indentations on the front due to outside pressure on the bag (closet storage). The seller says this can be spa-d, but just wondering if that's true? what else can be done? Everything else about this bag is perfect

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. I am not sure on the press marks but that looks gorgeous to me. Is that Marron Fonce?

3. .
    Perhaps run this by Docride.. she likely will be candid about these press marks with her experience

4. Never seen a bag like that. Looks like my tshirts after I’ve left in dryer for a day. Def ask docride.

5. :shocked::shocked::shocked:

6. Hi Classicgirll Do you mind letting me know where you found this Kelly from?
    I just came across something similar so just wondering...

thanks

7. As someone with a clemence B35 with indentations, those marks won't come out with a trip to the spa. Docride will know best, but with my experience, those marks are there to stay.

hopiko and lulilu like this.
  8. I think this bag can be spa'd but it may never look smooth. Clemence is really durable but it can be stretched and dented if really abused. I would probably ask the seller to spa it and agree to pay for the spa IF it works.
    Is that Raisin? very pretty color.

9. May I see a picture?

10. Thanks! have posted in the Docride thread, just waiting for a response :smile:

GoldFish8 likes this.
  11. #11 May 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM
    Last edited: May 19, 2020 at 4:06 PM
    Mine is pretty beat up. A few years ago I had the boutique send it out for a spa treatment and also replaced the hardware (they're dirty, sorry, I've become lazy in quarantine :angel:). They did their best, but I was also told they couldn't guarantee anything.
    207A547D-7ABA-485B-BE21-732082F79332.jpeg F055BA3B-1415-403A-8845-BCF99A8F7C3B.jpeg

lulilu and classicgirll like this.
  12. Personally, I would pass on this. I don’t think you’d be happy in its present or so-called spa’d condition.

lulilu likes this.
  13. I would personally pass too. I am quite rough on my Clemence bags. Literally soaked my Halzan in the rain when I was walking to Hermes in Seoul during a typhoon. And my Evie took lots of beating. Neither of my bags look anywhere remotely like the Kelly in the picture.

14. I would not buy this bag. It looks really abused to get that wrinkly (or whatever you call it). I love clemence. My avatar is my first 35B in clemence. It still looks much the same. I don't know how that bag ended up looking like that, but agree with those who say that spa isn't helping it.

Rouge H likes this.
  15. Put the spa cost towards a bag in better condition. Unless you're getting some super amazing price why own a beat up looking bag from day 1?