Hermès Kelly Sellier size 32: Need Advice

CHPC

Oct 20, 2016
I was able to go to the boutique and get offered a Kelly sellier epsom gold hardware in size 32. I had asked for a 28 or 32 and the 32 was offered. It’s been a week and I am now doubting the size I feel the 28 will allow for more evening wear. I don’t know if I should email my SA that sold it asking if they have a 28. I feel awful because he was so nice and I know I got lucky getting it but idk if the 32 is just too big for me? I am 5’7’’. Also don’t know how exchanges work with these kind of bags. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance :smile:

Reactions: RT1
This is a tough one. On one hand, a return of a quota bag, after over a week, based off just buyer’s remorse is certainly going to leave a sour taste with the store. They may not even approve the return and if they do, it will be for store credit only. I’m not sure how motivated they will be to find you a new K28 to offer. On the other hand, none of us know how strongly you regret the purchase. If you really really regret it and know that you will never ever use it, and don’t mind losing the store relationship, you should probably attempt the return. However, if you think you will use it but that it just won’t be suitable for all occasions, I’d encourage you to keep it and use it and get a second bag eventually to fill those other needs. You could also keep and resell it but I’m not sure if you’d be able to get your full money back these days due to the size of the bag. Good luck deciding.

This is a tough one. On one hand, a return of a quota bag, after over a week, based off just buyer’s remorse is certainly going to leave a sour taste with the store. They may not even approve the return and if they do, it will be for store credit only. I’m not sure how motivated they will be to find you a new K28 to offer. On the other hand, none of us know how strongly you regret the purchase. If you really really regret it and know that you will never ever use it, and don’t mind losing the store relationship, you should probably attempt the return. However, if you think you will use it but that it just won’t be suitable for all occasions, I’d encourage you to keep it and use it and get a second bag eventually to fill those other needs. You could also keep and resell it but I’m not sure if you’d be able to get your full money back these days due to the size of the bag. Good luck deciding.

Thank you for your reply! I know it’s tough that’s why I haven’t written the email because I have no idea how exchanges work on these bags. Since it’s black it feels so heavy but maybe it’s because I haven’t worn it yet..

is there a huge size difference between the two in your opinion? I don’t want this to be a work bag...

I don’t think you’d be offered an exchange. I think they’d return it for store credit (if at all) and then you’d have to wait for another offer. I cannot comment on the size itself as I’m much shorter than you so my perspective would be irrelevant. :smile:

Thank you for your reply! I know it’s tough that’s why I haven’t written the email because I have no idea how exchanges work on these bags. Since it’s black it feels so heavy but maybe it’s because I haven’t worn it yet..

is there a huge size difference between the two in your opinion? I don’t want this to be a work bag...
Hi there - I just wanted to tell you, just in case it helps. I have two kellys, both size 32, and I love the size. I have a retourne gold one that I use all the time, on the weekend, its holds a ton but sometimes I fill it to the max. My other one is black box sellier, and I do use it in the evening, but it is big for that. I just love the way it looks so much that I don't care...
I don't use them often for work, since I need more room, and I tend to use my bolide size 35cm.

I am 5’6 and love larger bags like the 32 (I have 3 B35s!) I’m also not sure I would consider a k28 an evening bag. Why don’t you keep the bag, enjoy it, and ask for a K25 or something that is definitely more day-to-night for your next bag?
Thank you for this perspective! My husband agrees with you on the 28 size as well, maybe even that size would not be good as an evening bag. I just wanted the bag to fulfill multiple purposes but I guess that may not happen lol!

• Love
Reactions: malbec_bleu and 880
Hi there - I just wanted to tell you, just in case it helps. I have two kellys, both size 32, and I love the size. I have a retourne gold one that I use all the time, on the weekend, its holds a ton but sometimes I fill it to the max. My other one is black box sellier, and I do use it in the evening, but it is big for that. I just love the way it looks so much that I don't care...
I don't use them often for work, since I need more room, and I tend to use my bolide size 35cm.
Thank you for this! It’s my first Kelly (and prob my only one) and I had two minutes to decide so I didn’t have much time to think about it! You think wearing it for everyday is ok with that size (it’s epsom)?

• Love
Reactions: 880 and DR2014
I have a K32 sellier epsom and I love it. I had a K28 retourne and rehomed it cos for me it was too small; I’m a mom of two kids so I have lots of stuff to bring. But I don’t use it for night outs honestly. Epsom is very light IMO, lighter than my togo Bs and they’re 30s. I’m only 5’3 but on the heavier side so it fits my frame. I think you being 5’7” you could definitely rock it. Probably just not for evening events. Goodluck on your decision!

I have a K32 sellier epsom and I love it. I had a K28 retourne and rehomed it cos for me it was too small; I’m a mom of two kids so I have lots of stuff to bring. But I don’t use it for night outs honestly. Epsom is very light IMO, lighter than my togo Bs and they’re 30s. I’m only 5’3 but on the heavier side so it fits my frame. I think you being 5’7” you could definitely rock it. Probably just not for evening events. Goodluck on your decision!
Oh this is great intel. Do you use it for everyday like shopping and eating out? It’s so beautiful need to figure out where to wear it, if I can wear like I wear my jumbo Chanel.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thank you for this! It’s my first Kelly (and prob my only one) and I had two minutes to decide so I didn’t have much time to think about it! You think wearing it for everyday is ok with that size (it’s epsom)?
If its your only K, I would think 32 is the best so you can always use it. It looks so good even when you are not using every last bit of space! Plus, epsom is so light.

Oh this is great intel. Do you use it for everyday like shopping and eating out? It’s so beautiful need to figure out where to wear it, if I can wear like I wear my jumbo Chanel.
Yes, I usually just wear it during those times. And I too have a jumbo Chanel DF caviar and that bag is heavy. I cannot stuff it full or else I will have shoulder pain while using it. I think you should give it a chance.

• Love
Reactions: 880
I was able to go to the boutique and get offered a Kelly sellier epsom gold hardware in size 32. I had asked for a 28 or 32 and the 32 was offered. It’s been a week and I am now doubting the size I feel the 28 will allow for more evening wear. I don’t know if I should email my SA that sold it asking if they have a 28. I feel awful because he was so nice and I know I got lucky getting it but idk if the 32 is just too big for me? I am 5’7’’. Also don’t know how exchanges work with these kind of bags. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance :smile:

I think it honestly depends more on your frame than anything else. I'm 5'8 with a medium/small frame, and while my K28 sellier looks like a ladylike bag, it's still not really an evening bag. I imagine if you have a smaller frame, it'd look proportionately even larger on you.

I will say though, because of the sellier style, the K28 probably fits around as much as my C24. Smaller bags are in right now, but your K32 is definitely a classic size that won't go out of style. Plus, as a day bag, it'd definitely fit everything you'd need.

I have both K32 and K28 sellier in epsom. I am 5’7 and I do prefer K28. I like K32 too. I don’t think it’s too big.
You have a classic bag there since it’s Black. However, you have to love it. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I don’t know if I am allowed to say this on here but you could always sell it. Black sellier is in high demand and easyyyy to sell.
Good luck.